T. Myers (70)
B. Lashoff (75)
DET 1st 2022

Confirmed 👀 will comment later
Bernyhawks

Re: Det-Chi

Post by Bernyhawks »

Confirmed

This team desperately needed help on D and I will gamble on the 1st for Kev not to make the playoffs with Kaner.
DetroitGM

Re: Det-Chi

Post by DetroitGM »

I don't know if an explanation is needed, but anyway:

I didn't plan on this, but I like the addition of Kane. I figure my 1st will almost certainly be between 12th and 18th (sure, I could win the lottery and probably should have asked for lottery protection, but hindsight is 20/20 - also I think the odds are probably not that much higher of my pick winning the lottery as they are of my somehow ending up in the conference finals), which will result in a decent player, but not for a couple years and not one as good as Kane.

On the rest; I was reluctant on Myers, but I do have Bahl and a couple prospects who will be similar in a couple years. Sbisa will be my 7th defenceman for now, barring injury, while Stenlund (who is injured for the next 3-4 weeks) and Lashoff are out for money reasons.

This season has been a bit odd, but the fact that I picked up just 1 point from my first 9 games and yet are still within striking distance of a playoff spot in the deep western conference with ~25 games to go has me optimistic. Plus who wouldn't want a line of Kane-Eklund-Yakupov? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Accepted Trades”