NYR / OTT

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

OTT Receives:
Nathan Horton [61]
*NYR to retain 50% salary - 1.8m

NYR Receives:
OTT 1st Round 2022
OTT 2nd Round 2022

Whelp, I finally did it, as promised *The Stanley Cup Favorite NYR are an open toy store. Horton was a big off season acquisition, who has done exactly what I brought him in to do. He is great defensively, while still serviceable offensively. He plays a lot of minutes. He is on a very good deal, however I would not be able to resign him at his normal value, and would be required to fight over it in free agency again. Because of MDC's injury, and the relative strength of the top teams, while I still would like to make the playoffs, I'm not fooling myself. The retention is for this year only, which helps OTT, but is fine for me as I'm not a max cap team this year.

In exchange, I get what will either be additional trade assets (I have 3 firsts now...), or at worst a top 30 and 60 players. They may be later round picks, but firsts and seconds usually produce good prospects, something quite valuable for an otherwise rental who I cannot make best use of.

Good luck Horton, appreciate the service, go out and get yourself a Cup!
SensGM

Re: NYR / OTT

Post by SensGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:06 pm OTT Receives:
Nathan Horton [61]
*NYR to retain 50% salary - 1.8m

NYR Receives:
OTT 1st Round 2022
OTT 2nd Round 2022

Whelp, I finally did it, as promised *The Stanley Cup Favorite NYR are an open toy store. Horton was a big off season acquisition, who has done exactly what I brought him in to do. He is great defensively, while still serviceable offensively. He plays a lot of minutes. He is on a very good deal, however I would not be able to resign him at his normal value, and would be required to fight over it in free agency again. Because of MDC's injury, and the relative strength of the top teams, while I still would like to make the playoffs, I'm not fooling myself. The retention is for this year only, which helps OTT, but is fine for me as I'm not a max cap team this year.

In exchange, I get what will either be additional trade assets (I have 3 firsts now...), or at worst a top 30 and 60 players. They may be later round picks, but firsts and seconds usually produce good prospects, something quite valuable for an otherwise rental who I cannot make best use of.

Good luck Horton, appreciate the service, go out and get yourself a Cup!
Agreed
Good addition for the cup run

Return to “Accepted Trades”