December 27, 2014 (HELP)

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

December 27, 2014 (HELP)

Post by Jets GM »

What a clusterfuck the hour and a half has been.

First, there was a problem with EHM loading a different directory instead of my USB disk. Since the problem a few weeks ago, I had been running EHM from my F drive. However, tonight it appeared that whenever I loaded EHM (from my F drive) it was loading save files from my hard-drive.

After starting over a few times, I got game loaded with the changes and current players.ehm file but when I went to sim the date was the 23rd! I am not sure if it was like that before, but it was now. I downloaded the current game-file over again, but when I loaded it in-game (from my F drive) the date was still the 23rd.

I then deleted my EHM directories from the C and F drive, and downloaded EHM again from fhockey. I run EHM, get an OCX error. I downloaded the OCX zip, still get the same error. I follow the readme to register the ocx files, and get this error in the Command Prompt when attempting to "...module was loaded but call to dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801c...". I attempted running EHM, and registering OCX files, from my C and F drives.

As much fun as I am having, and as bad as you guys want the sim, I'm going to take a break. Any suggestions about how I can fix this would be great, or someone uploading a zip of their EHM directory with a current savefile. Maybe I cna try downloading that and seeing if it works. I am running Windows 8 FYI.

:oops:
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: December 27, 2014 (HELP)

Post by SharksGM »

Uh, unless Pat actually updated the save file in the last few days, the file should be from the 23rd. That's when the last games were played. I didn't upload a new file yesterday as there weren't any games.

I can do the sim but not for another hour at least.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote:Uh, unless Pat actually updated the save file in the last few days, the file should be from the 23rd. That's when the last games were played. I didn't upload a new file yesterday as there weren't any games.

I can do the sim but not for another hour at least.
Ohhh, I assumed that when those topics were posted that the save file was being advanced.

Seems like it just a matter of me getting EHM figured out. I am happy to do it a bit later tonight, but am out of ideas on how to troubleshoot EHM.
Most recent file here.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Did you run Command Prompt as a Admin?
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I did not update the zip or advance the game.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:I then deleted my EHM directories from the C and F drive, and downloaded EHM again from fhockey. I run EHM, get an OCX error. I downloaded the OCX zip, still get the same error. I follow the readme to register the ocx files, and get this error in the Command Prompt when attempting to "...module was loaded but call to dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801c...". I attempted running EHM, and registering OCX files, from my C and F drives.
You have to run the command prompt as administrator. Start -> type cmd -> hold ctrl+shift then press enter and you should see the UAC prompt.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

TorontoGM wrote:Did you run Command Prompt as a Admin?
Thanks Mike, got EHM running.

Dan, can you take tonight and I will take your Friday shift? That burnt me out.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Gonna watch The Interview, if I come back on and Dan hasn't done it I will sim.

Most recent file here.
Kings GM

Post by Kings GM »

DO IT.
Simule, simule, simule...
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

Kings GM wrote:DO IT.
Simule, simule, simule...

Good old times....