Demoting players

Moderator: SharksGM

NashvillePredatorsGM

Demoting players

Post by NashvillePredatorsGM »

Hello, I have quick question
Can I demote Chet Pickard without having to go through the waiver process? Because has two-way contract and is 25 years old only.
Because, if Im not mistaken, the rule says I can, but when I try to do in GM office, its showing "waive/send to ahl" so Im kind of confused.
Thankyou.
Jets GM

Re: Demoting players

Post by Jets GM »

For players 26 or older, contract of 1 mill or less and = waiver free; over 1 mill he can be claimed

For 25 and under, contract of 1.5 mill or less + under 100 NHL GP = waiver free; 1.5 mill or less + over 100 NHL GP = can be claimed (players making over 1.5 mill can't play on the farm anyway, excepting players on their ELC)

Players on ELCs are exempt regardless of contract
Pickard makes over 1.5 million. He cannot play in the minors. You can demote him on a emergency basis, but he will have to be recalled in two weeks. He would also be able to be claimed I believe, but I will refer to Bub since he has a two way.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

He can't play in the AHL b/c he's making more than 1.5 million and not on his ELC. You can keep him, trade him, waive him, or release him.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Hey guys, just a quick one.Can I demote Ryan MacInnis to AHL?
I have 2 underagers back in AHL, he would be third one. Just asking, if he has to go through waivers or not . . .
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Dallas Stars GM wrote:Hey guys, just a quick one.Can I demote Ryan MacInnis to AHL?
I have 2 underagers back in AHL, he would be third one. Just asking, if he has to go through waivers or not . . .
25 and under with less than 100 NHL games don't have to pass through waivers.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Dallas Stars GM

Ok, great, thanks for the quick response ! (:

P.S. : I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but... would it be possible to create some thing to show the teams current payroll? Sure, I know that you can count it by yourself but wouldn't it be much better and simplier if you could just see it anytime you want/after any changes/trades you make, without having to calculate it every single time? Just wondering . . .
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I thought we had this, but I don't think it shows in the new GM Office.

One of the staff members that still talks to Quinn could mention it; but, since he is no longer a member whatever work he puts into the website is a bonus. Pen and paper in the meanwhile I guess...
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Dallas Stars GM wrote:Ok, great, thanks for the quick response ! (:

P.S. : I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but... would it be possible to create some thing to show the teams current payroll? Sure, I know that you can count it by yourself but wouldn't it be much better and simplier if you could just see it anytime you want/after any changes/trades you make, without having to calculate it every single time? Just wondering . . .
I have a spreadsheet file (from Tim) that would actually be easy to paste into the salary cap thread in the league memos forum. It may not always be perfect, with buyouts and injuries, but it'll give you a good place to start. I'll see about updating that tonight.
Dallas Stars GM

Sounds great! :)

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”