Jets new logo

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Jets new logo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Can't link the pic from my phone, but that's a sick logo.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jungle Cats

Re: Jets new logo

Post by Jungle Cats »

Like the script, not big on the primary or shoulder patch. Disappointed they're keeping the old colours - not that I can fault them for that, but there are what, seven teams using various shades of red, blue & white?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Jungle Cats wrote:Like the script, not big on the primary or shoulder patch. Disappointed they're keeping the old colours - not that I can fault them for that, but there are what, seven teams using various shades of red, blue & white?
I would imagine we started using that color scheme long before anyone else.

I like it, the script looks really good.
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:I would imagine we started using that color scheme long before anyone else.
Yep. Rangers weren't an Original Six team or anything.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

or Les Canadiens.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

See, I knew you'd both agree with me.

imo, regardless there is something to be said about having a history. I'm glad they kept the colors.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bleh. I don't like the grey on undersaturated red look. Plus the whole military fetish in sports needs to go away.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:Bleh. I don't like the grey on undersaturated red look. Plus the whole military fetish in sports needs to go away.
Are all teams just supposed to be named after animals and geography?

We all knew they'd be the Jets. Was the logo supposed to be a unicorn? A Boeing 747? The Concorde?
Adam Burke
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Bleh. I don't like the grey on undersaturated red look. Plus the whole military fetish in sports needs to go away.
Dude, they're called the Jets. Is the logo supposed to be a unicorn?
Most recent file here.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Did Labatt Blue desgin the logo? :lol:

It does look good tho, and I like to homage to the Air Force but an American made Jet?
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

I dont like it at all. Like come on... A Jet on a fricking Maple Leaf... LOLLLLLLLL
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

An exploding jet and military-style shoulder patches? Do not like.

(But it's better than ATL's logo.)
Parker

Post by Parker »

The two on the right aren't terrible, but (like I ranted on Twitter and Facebook) the main logo looks like a fucking F-18 parked on the ice at a goddamn curling rink. I think the logo is fucking awful and was probably designed by the same idiots who came up with the province's new motto, "Spirited Energy" which has so far cost taxpayers a modest $2,600,000 to design and market. :roll:
Parker

Post by Parker »

The logo is bad enough that I will outright refuse to buy any new Jets gear and will instead opt for the retro stuff.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

For me, even if you don't like it, I think you have to see it on a jersey during a game before you can really judge. I hated the Jackets' alternate cannon logo, but on a jersey, it doesn't look bad at all.

I still like it. Not as much as I originally did, but only because I can get a better high res look than on my phone. It's simple, clean, and unique. I think that because the ownership group wanted so badly to create a new identity with a name and couldn't do it because of the public outcry for bringing back the Jets name, they went for the new identity with the logos. It's vastly different from previous or current logos. For that, I give it credit.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

1/10
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

We all knew they'd be the Jets. Was the logo supposed to be a unicorn? A Boeing 747? The Concorde?
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

CapsGM wrote:

I had forgotten Jet. That was one amazing album
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Are all teams just supposed to be named after animals and geography?

.. maybe a stylized, generic jet like the old logo?
Historical themes are one thing, but this logo is practically an advertisement for the current RCAF, which I don't really get. Plus the colour scheme sucks.
Femur

Post by Femur »

looks like a beer can to me.

maybe they should have made it a hot tub jet spout to avoid all controversy?

Return to “The Sports Bar”