2010-11 EHEC Rule Changes

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

2010-11 EHEC Rule Changes

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

There may be a few more rule changes added to this, but here are the two that we have decided on so far.

In line with the NHL's new headshot policy, any intent-to-injure penalty in EHEC resulting in a head injury, even a day-to-day one, will now include an automatic suspension. We will take in to account the offending player and any potential past offenses to see how long the suspension will be. The rule only applies to intent-to-injure penalties.

The second rule change will have to do with trading a player's rights. As an example, the Adam Foote to VAN deal. Foote is not interested in re-signing with COL. The rule will be that any trade of a player's rights will give the team one blind shot at re-signing him. As everyone knows, you can use the Offer New Contract to see what the player is looking for. If the player wants to test the market, then the team can post a contract offer to said player and then we will change the player's status to allow the contract to be offered. If the player rejects the offer, then he will become an unrestricted free agent. This applies in the event that the player still wants to test the market after being traded. Sometimes trades can change their opinion.

So, to sum up, if a player who wants to test the market has his rights traded, and he still wants to test the market, that team will have one shot to re-sign him with a blind contract offer. If he does not accept, he will become a UFA.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: 2010-11 EHEC Rule Changes

Post by SharksGM »

I don't have anything against either rule, but what's to stop someone from testing out the results of a contract offer themselves? Or in other words, what makes the offer 'blind'?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:I don't have anything against either rule, but what's to stop someone from testing out the results of a contract offer themselves? Or in other words, what makes the offer 'blind'?
Nothing.

Just that we won't change the player's status until after the contract offer has been posted.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Femur

Post by Femur »

two questions:

1. is the new trading rights policy effective right now? i have a trade pending with NSH that this rule would effect. I still want to make the trade, but he might not. Please let me know

b. does this mean that my rule chance of "Nickel Beer Night" on Wednesdays did not go through?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Femur wrote:two questions:

1. is the new trading rights policy effective right now? i have a trade pending with NSH that this rule would effect. I still want to make the trade, but he might not. Please let me know
Yes. It was first discussed as part of the Adam Foote deal. You can re-evaluate your trade with NSH if he wants to.
b. does this mean that my rule chance of "Nickel Beer Night" on Wednesdays did not go through?
We need to determine how we will make nickel beer available to all GMs. It's a logistics nightmare.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

OK, we seem to have figured out a couple hindrances to the rights problems.

The first has to do with older players. Some older players will test the market no matter what because EHM expects them to retire at a certain age. What we will do with these players is move their birthdate back a year (or two, or three) until they are willing to accept offers. That is how we will test the offer. It will still be a "blind" offer. The offer will be submitted, we will lower the age and see if the player accepts. If he does, we will enter it via players.ehm right after and post. If he does not, we will go right along with that player being a UFA. We will reset the birthdate after this process.

Some other players have greed numbers above 110, and therefore, they will test the market. We will reset these based on their greed. Players over 130 greed will be reset to 109. That is the highest possible greed for them to consider. 120-130 will be set at 105. 110-120 will be set at 100. Anything under 110 and they should be willing to entertain offers. We will set the greed and then make the offer. If the offer is accepted, we will post. If not, UFA. We then reset the greed.

So keep all of this in mind when thinking about trading for rights.
Adam Burke
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

YES!!!!! I CAN RE-SIGN CHARA!! WOOO!!!!
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:YES!!!!! I CAN RE-SIGN CHARA!! WOOO!!!!
It's only for trading a player's rights, Justin. Has nothing to do with signing your own guys. Otherwise there'd be no need for free agency.
Adam Burke
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
It's only for trading a player's rights, Justin. Has nothing to do with signing your own guys. Otherwise there'd be no need for free agency.
ughh, all excited for nothing.
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
ughh, all excited for nothing.
I'm a dick tease.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I also wanted to add something else to this. As mentioned above, the game doesn't recognize players playing past a certain age. So when they get to 40+, they are "not interested in negotiating a new contract".

Teams willing to offer a contract to a player 40 and over years old whom they currently have deserve that opportunity if the player is listed as "not interested in negotiating a new contract". If the player is going to test the market, that will remain. But, for players 40 and over, with the "not interested" status, we will reset their age to 39 years old and then set it back after the contract.

The team who had the player during the previous season will have two shots to re-sign this veteran. If the veteran was on this team, he was there for a reason at the back end of his career, so we will try to mirror that by giving two shots rather than one.

Just post the offer for the player in the Contract Offers forum and we will reset the age to offer the contract. Again, this is an EHM glitch and is applicable ONLY to players 40 and over. Two shots to sign said player if you wish to do so.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”