------------------------------
Gusev (61)
VAN 2nd 2019

To Vancouver
------------------------------
OTT 3rd 2019
VAN 3rd 2019
Approved.

I will never be that nice in the future again to help a fella with his cap issue, but I needed Gusev to seal an other deal.

(Afterall, I will be that nice again in the future maybe)
SensGM

Re: Ottawa Senators - Vancouver Canucks

Post by SensGM »

Trade canceled as the one with CGY has been canceled.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

We don't normally allow cancelling confirmed trades unilaterally without a compelling reason so you'll have to explain why you think this should be withdrawn. This trade isn't contingent on any other deal and can still go ahead regardless of what happens with CGY.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 pm We don't normally allow cancelling confirmed trades unilaterally without a compelling reason so you'll have to explain why you think this should be withdrawn. This trade isn't contingent on any other deal and can still go ahead regardless of what happens with CGY.
Well, I'll try my best english! :P (I'm not fluent at all)
I thought that the only fact to mention that "I needed Gusev to seal an other deal" would be way enough to make it contingent to the deal with Calgary.
I should have make it more clearly I guess. :oops:

I'm pretty sure that EVERYONE (Vancouver first) understands I wouldn't have done it otherwise :)
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

But you didnt say anything BEFORE we agreed to it.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Yeah, the problem is that this trade isn't contingent on anything. To my knowledge we've never allowed backing out of a trade just because a subsequent deal fell through. This wasn't a three-way deal either. I suppose you can argue that we allow reasonable conditions on trades but they're not intended to allow cancelling or reversing trades (see the 'options' on Bouwmeester that I judged as being unreasonable).
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 pm Yeah, the problem is that this trade isn't contingent on anything. To my knowledge we've never allowed backing out of a trade just because a subsequent deal fell through. This wasn't a three-way deal either. I suppose you can argue that we allow reasonable conditions on trades but they're not intended to allow cancelling or reversing trades (see the 'options' on Bouwmeester that I judged as being unreasonable).
Well, I guess Jason will have the final word then.
Jason, are you taking back your burden?

Remember that this is just a game, players and $$ are FAKE :P
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

SensGM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 pm
SharksGM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 pm Yeah, the problem is that this trade isn't contingent on anything. To my knowledge we've never allowed backing out of a trade just because a subsequent deal fell through. This wasn't a three-way deal either. I suppose you can argue that we allow reasonable conditions on trades but they're not intended to allow cancelling or reversing trades (see the 'options' on Bouwmeester that I judged as being unreasonable).

Well, since you so candidly pointed it out that its fake, you should have no problem sticking to your word? No?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 pm
SensGM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Well, since you so candidly pointed it out that its fake, you should have no problem sticking to your word? No?
Its up to you. Either you agree to withdraw or you do not. Lets get on with the show.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Alright, I'll give Marty the benefit of the doubt here. But since you did agree to the trade, if you want to withdraw you'll need to compensate Jason. Giving VAN 3rd 2019 back seems fair. So Marty, you have the choice to either do the deal as written or give VAN 3rd back.

I'll make the trade rules clearer in the near future, so don't think this is a precedent for withdrawing agreed-upon trades. Think carefully before you accept and confirm.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:29 pm So Marty, you have the choice to either do the deal as written or give VAN 3rd back.
Option 2.
Thanks.

Return to “Rejected Trades”