Away - sorta

Moderator: SharksGM

IslandersGM

Away - sorta

Post by IslandersGM »

Hi gang!

Well the good news is I got a new teaching position. The bad news is I need to move. I applied Wednesday night. Interviewed this past Friday AM and before I even got home I got a call offering me the position. Crazy stuff. So now I'm moving to Red Deer, Red Deer Rebels of the WHL - so at least I'll still have some hockey to watch! I start the position tomorrow and the kids arrive Thursday so this is a quick turn around.

With free agency - just leave me a few decent players!

I'm stay right now at a place with internet so after getting a few things done around the classroom and checking out a condo to rent I hope to have some time this evening.

- favor - could someone please just double check my salary if I send Rubtsov (the rookie of the year :D ) and Barbashev to the AHL what I'm at. Rubtsov is still on ELC so he shouldn't cost anything but I believe Barb will still cost me 600k or so.

Also there's a bunch - Fisher, Beauchamin and others that are still showing up on my roster but they should be free agents - not sure if thats ok - site not updated or something.

Thanks gang!
NYI GM
Vik (Habs)

Re: Away - sorta

Post by Vik (Habs) »

IslandersGM wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:04 pmWell the good news is I got a new teaching position. The bad news is I need to move. I applied Wednesday night. Interviewed this past Friday AM and before I even got home I got a call offering me the position. Crazy stuff. So now I'm moving to Red Deer, Red Deer Rebels of the WHL - so at least I'll still have some hockey to watch! I start the position tomorrow and the kids arrive Thursday so this is a quick turn around.
Congrats. I got a cousin in Red Deer and was there for the Memorial Cup a couple years ago.
IslandersGM wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:04 pm- favor - could someone please just double check my salary if I send Rubtsov (the rookie of the year :D ) and Barbashev to the AHL what I'm at. Rubtsov is still on ELC so he shouldn't cost anything but I believe Barb will still cost me 600k or so.

Code: Select all

Semin		3.60	Werenski	5.60	Tompkins	0.60	Barbashev	0.44
Filatov		3.72	Klesla		2.56	Fleury		4.40	Irving		0.28
Gilmour		2.88	Siemens		2.80				
Chipchura	1.05	Alzner		2.72				
McDavid		9.00	Marincin	1.50				
Eberle		5.40	Colaiacovo	0.90				
Parise		4.64						
Kempe		3.56						
Benn		1.88						
Total is 57.53M but is 5 players short of the minimum.
IslandersGM wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:04 pmAlso there's a bunch - Fisher, Beauchamin and others that are still showing up on my roster but they should be free agents - not sure if thats ok - site not updated or something.
File hasn't been advanced to the UFA period yet.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Away - sorta

Post by SharksGM »

IslandersGM wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:04 pm With free agency - just leave me a few decent players!
About that...

Anyway, enjoy the new gig. Let us know how red the deer really are.

Return to “League Memos”