Canadian Women's Team

Moderator: SharksGM

Bruins

Canadian Women's Team

Post by Bruins »

New found respect for the Canadian woman, LMAO.
NashvilleGM

Re: Canadian Women's Team

Post by NashvilleGM »

Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Pff, stay classy Canada..
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

NashvilleGM wrote:Image
Wayne Gretzky nods in silent approval.

FlamesGM

Post by FlamesGM »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:Pff, stay classy Canada..
No one likes a sore loser :mrgreen:
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:Pff, stay classy Canada..
Sorry but we cant hear you over our gold medals.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

For the record, even if it were Team USA pulling that stunt I'd find it pathetic.

Besides, it's women's hockey, nobody really gives two shits about it. The real game comes Sunday.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

You're right. Girls fucking suck at hockey, ALL OF THEM
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:For the record, even if it were Team USA pulling that stunt I'd find it pathetic.
How is celebrating in an empty arena a stunt?

Nobody in Canada made a big deal when a skeleton racer who won gold chugged beer from a pitcher on live TV (which is totally illegal) so nuts to the haters.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

It's probably become more of a big deal than it really is, but looking at the pictures, it just reminds me of a bunch of teenagers drinking/smoking for the first time.

Ultimately, to each his own. You have your opinions, I have mine.
FlamesGM

Post by FlamesGM »

I think it's funny more than anything else. I'll agree with you though, I really don't give a shit about Women's hockey. Every goddamn year: Canada vs. USA - who honestly cares? To me, it's just a guarantee every olympics we win a Gold or Silver in one event... I'm surprised it's lasted this long as an olympic event given the severe lack of competition outside of North America.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Unfortunately for the Winter Olympics, the events are limited. How many variations of speed skating, skiing, and cross country skiing have we seen? All they really do is change the length of each race 10 times over.

The whole thing reminds me of Women's Softball in the Summer Games; The US dominated the Gold every time that they were forced to drop the event due to a complete lack of competition. The only thing keeping Women's Hockey going is that the US is the closest thing to competition that Canada has, and Sweden has also been hovering the top 4 as well. If there were more sports to offer right now, I'd think the event would be dropped from the Games.
FlamesGM

Post by FlamesGM »

There's 3 new events up for consideration for Sochii in 2014, so we'll see... the Pairs Giant Slaloms were cool, and the new Ski Cross was intense. So hopefully there will be a few new sports enter into the games in the next few to make it possible to remove Women's Hockey. Or by then there might actually be some competition (though I doubt that will happen based on what I've seen from the other countries). I honestly think it's more likely China will begin to compete with Canada and the USA before the, say, the Russians field a competitive team. And that's purely because if the Chinese government wants to, they can fund a good women's hockey program, just like they did with Women's Curling.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

If I can freely smoke a joint anywhere in Vancouver, then those young ladies can do whatever the hell they want.
And please don't diss all the varations of speed skating, alphine skiing, and cross country cause those athletes put their fcken lives into those events. And being able to compete in multiple events in a couple days or even hours is just amazing.
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

TorontoGM wrote:If I can freely smoke a joint anywhere in Vancouver, then those young ladies can do whatever the hell they want.
And please don't diss all the varations of speed skating, alphine skiing, and cross country cause those athletes put their fcken lives into those events. And being able to compete in multiple events in a couple days or even hours is just amazing.
I freely smoke a joint wherever I am.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

TorontoGM wrote:If I can freely smoke a joint anywhere in Vancouver, then those young ladies can do whatever the hell they want.
Who's dissing them? I enjoy watching each of them, I was simply pointing out that the large number of variations shows the lack of event variety in the Games. No one's questioning the amount of work and heart the athletes put into them. Christ, watching the cross country skiers collapse after a race with mucus hanging from their face is evidence enough of that.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Women's hockey is a bit of a joke, but I feel bad for the members of Team Canada/USA. They work hard to make those teams, and it may be removed from the Olympics, which I can side with. When you're outscoring teams 42-2, and beating teams 18-0, enough should be enough.

Plus, you get a penalty for throwing a body check..............

Return to “The Sports Bar”