Can someone explain this contract calculator thing?

Moderator: SharksGM

gritsenko (Jets)

Can someone explain this contract calculator thing?

Post by gritsenko (Jets) »

It was mentioned briefly in the rules and I've seen a couple people reference it but I really don't understand how it works. When a player needs an extension does it just give a random salary or what? Would be nice to know how it works so I can plan ahead.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: Can someone explain this contract calculator thing?

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

If you haven't already, you can find it in section C at this link:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=5900#p50135

Basically, it uses player info, like attributes, age, current salary, etc, and a salary bracket system to calculate the terms of the next contract offer to make to your own players. You can check this by filling in blanks on the form for whatever player you want to check on, as you can see some GMs have already done (esp below row 450 or so). Use column 'AG' to see the new salary.

Btw, contracts are only handled in the off-season, so no offers to current players can be made. But you are encouraged to check so you can plan ahead.
gritsenko (Jets)

So there's no flexibility in what I can offer guys, it has to be the salary this thing comes up with?
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

Yes
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

gritsenko (Jets) wrote:So there's no flexibility in what I can offer guys, it has to be the salary this thing comes up with?
You're free to offer more.
gritsenko (Jets) wrote:It was mentioned briefly in the rules and I've seen a couple people reference it but I really don't understand how it works. When a player needs an extension does it just give a random salary or what? Would be nice to know how it works so I can plan ahead.
I like this random salary idea. Next offseason will be the Wild West.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:I like this random salary idea. Next offseason will be the Wild West.
Everyone's a free agent and you can bid whatever you want. Salary cap at 50M.

DONE.
gritsenko (Jets)

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:If you haven't already, you can find it in section C at this link:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=5900#p50135

Basically, it uses player info, like attributes, age, current salary, etc, and a salary bracket system to calculate the terms of the next contract offer to make to your own players. You can check this by filling in blanks on the form for whatever player you want to check on, as you can see some GMs have already done (esp below row 450 or so). Use column 'AG' to see the new salary.

Btw, contracts are only handled in the off-season, so no offers to current players can be made. But you are encouraged to check so you can plan ahead.
I just looked at it again, how do you calculate the amounts for each attribute? Every player seems to have a different amount
Commish Bub(NYR)

You enter in the player attributes on the spreadsheet, and go from there.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”