Josh-EDM

EDM - CGY

Post by Josh-EDM »

To Calgary:
Ryan Stoa (79)

To Edmonton
Ondrej Kase(67)
2016 4th round pick

I need to add offense long term. Kase will be a very good playmaking winger and excellent on the PP. Dealing Stoa now will hurt a bit offensively, but my team already doesn't score and Jared McCann should come up and do an admirable job of helping stabilize things. It's a bit of a short term gamble, but long term the offensive upside is hard to pass up.

Thanks for the deal.
Calgary.Flames

Re: EDM - CGY

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Unfortunately for Ondrej Kase, my top 6 forwards are pretty much guys that I will keep long term. I also have Nikolaj Ehlers ahead of him on my organisational chart. No doubt he will be a terrific playmaking winger for many years to come but I am comfortable with the guys already in place.

Stoa will help my 3rd line get back to what it was when I had Shawn Matthias in there. This team also had a little too many playmakers compared to the number of goalscorers so he helps balance that too.

I did not feel like I had to throw an extra pick in there but Josh insisted on it and a 4th was the most I was going to give him.

It basically comes down to this: a good 2nd line winger vs a very good 3rd line LW.

I want to win now while he wants to win later.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: EDM - CGY

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

This trade has been reviewed and rejected.

Stoa, while not an all-star, should command more of a return than Kase, who could be a decent one-way player in 2-3 years, but needs some overtraining to get there. Stoa's shot and hitting and con make him more valuable that he may at first appear.

Rework this one if you like, guys.

Return to “Rejected Trades”