Futur consideration

Moderator: SharksGM

NashvilleGM

Futur consideration

Post by NashvilleGM »

Hey , I dont want to get into a big concern about the BOS/TB trade, but I like the realism of this league, and the fact that theres a futur consideration in the deal is sweet. What I dont like tho, is that it's based on an overall which in real life doesnt exist....

I think futur consideration should be about players performance or players retiring situation... etc.

My two cents
Bruins

Re: Futur consideration

Post by Bruins »

NashvilleGM wrote:Hey , I dont want to get into a big concern about the BOS/TB trade, but I like the realism of this league, and the fact that theres a futur consideration in the deal is sweet. What I dont like tho, is that it's based on an overall which in real life doesnt exist....

I think futur consideration should be about players performance or players retiring situation... etc.

My two cents
I was actually thinking along the same lines. All-star appearances, awards, goal and assist milestones might be better.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Kind of hard to make a future consideration stipulation about a guy like Hedman, though. What do you say? If he's +50 in takeaways for a season? If he wins a Norris? +/- is a team stat.

I don't really know what alternative there is in this case.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Kind of hard to make a future consideration stipulation about a guy like Hedman, though. What do you say? If he's +50 in takeaways for a season? If he wins a Norris? +/- is a team stat.

Any why we would ignore a perfectly good way of keeping track of a players development? I'm all for realism, but that seems kinda dumb.
Most recent file here.
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Kind of hard to make a future consideration stipulation about a guy like Hedman, though. What do you say? If he's +50 in takeaways for a season? If he wins a Norris? +/- is a team stat.

if the team makes into playoffs, +/- rating, number of pts, games played,
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Any why we would ignore a perfectly good way of keeping track of a players development? I'm all for realism, but that seems kinda dumb.
I see where Sebastien's intent is. We pride this league on being the most realistic sim league and tracking a player's development through his attributes is not realistic. But sometimes, there are no alternatives. With a defensive-minded guy like Hedman, there aren't many options. It's not like we can set a point requirement, and like I said, +/- is a team stat. Tomas Kaberle's like -20 in EHEC, but he's a far better player than that.

I don't see an issue with the future considerations for his DF rating in this case. If he was an offensive guy, sure, you could set point plateaus or being an all-star or something. But, EHM is very unpredictable.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Post by Parker »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I see where Sebastien's intent is. We pride this league on being the most realistic sim league and tracking a player's development through his attributes is not realistic. But sometimes, there are no alternatives. With a defensive-minded guy like Hedman, there aren't many options. It's not like we can set a point requirement, and like I said, +/- is a team stat. Tomas Kaberle's like -20 in EHEC, but he's a far better player than that.

I don't see an issue with the future considerations for his DF rating in this case. If he was an offensive guy, sure, you could set point plateaus or being an all-star or something. But, EHM is very unpredictable.
In baseball, players are given a scouting grade of 20-80 in a variety of categories and these grades are often averaged out over several organizations to get an aggregate number. There's no reason we can't assume/pretend a similar system is in place in EHEC... one could say the player's "attributes" are actually the entire league's scouting aggregate of their ability in those areas. I'm not a big advocate of future consideration trades in general, but wouldn't say that basing future considerations on a player's attribute development should automatically be seen as unrealistic either. Just my two cents.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I think TA-GA and avg rating (not overall, but the game ratings) are decent alternatives, but it's not really a big deal. Future considerations in the real NHL are often based on rather silly things anyways.

The bigger pressing concern is - why don't we all have a Zdeno Chara on our rosters?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:In baseball, players are given a scouting grade of 20-80 in a variety of categories and these grades are often averaged out over several organizations to get an aggregate number. There's no reason we can't assume/pretend a similar system is in place in EHEC... one could say the player's "attributes" are actually the entire league's scouting aggregate of their ability in those areas. I'm not a big advocate of future consideration trades in general, but wouldn't say that basing future considerations on a player's attribute development should automatically be seen as unrealistic either. Just my two cents.
Good point, Glen. That is exactly how they rate prospects, especially Baseball America.

At least we won't have the PTBNL trades, eh Glen?
Adam Burke
Parker

Post by Parker »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:At least we won't have the PTBNL trades, eh Glen?
True, but in baseball you can't trade draft picks. Just wait until someone proposes a three-team trade... :P
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

At least this created some activity on the board :P

It's all good, just wanted to see what people thought of that :)

No big deal anyway... not the Chara deal but the futur consideration thing ;o
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

The bigger pressing concern is - why don't we all have a Zdeno Chara on our rosters?
Well, the previous team that had him has the worst PK in the league. What good is Chara if he can't kill penalties? He takes a lot of penalties too. He's a over hyped enforcer.
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

Bruins wrote:
Well, the previous team that had him has the worst PK in the league. What good is Chara if he can't kill penalties? He takes a lot of penalties too. He's a over hyped enforcer.
All that for a bargain $7.5 million pop, I'd rather have depth.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Bruins wrote:
level?
Most recent file here.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”