Jets GM

Activity Check

Post by Jets GM »

Went through the GM list to see if there is anyone that has checked out:

CHI 24-Jul
NSH 13-Aug
BUF 01-Aug
MTL 15-Aug

The start of the season would be the perfect time to get some new blood hooked on EHEC. I'd be happy to do another recruitment push at various websites.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Activity Check

Post by SharksGM »

I don't have a pulse.

MTL should really make some contract offers instead of letting ~12 players go UFA.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Ya, at some point the league will have to take over MTL's business.
Most recent file here.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

MTL fucked up his team and left...

We need to enforce a mentorship program for new GMs.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Penguin wrote:MTL fucked up his team and left...

We need to enforce a mentorship program for new GMs.
It would sure be better then scaring them off by publicly critiquing their trades!
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Ya, at some point the league will have to take over MTL's business.
We're on it, fwiw. So, don't expect to see Backes go ufa.

Martin says his brother (Nashville) is still around. CHI and BUF are MIA tho.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

It's nothing to be disappointed about. Even if we have a 10% success rate of GMs staying for the duration of EHEC, we should have no problem being full or close to it (like we are now).

Once the league makes a decision on the absent GMs, I will be sure to start recruiting.
Most recent file here.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Yea might have sounded mean, but I want the new GMs to have good teams and to beware of dogs that PM them offers the day they join...

A 1 month trade ban with a vet GM making sure the new GM understands everything would be really smart. For new guys to learn the ropes, even if trading is the most fun when you join a league.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Let's not give Steve Gardiner a fourth team, either.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I think the Flyers have good reason(s) to trade Carcillo and Grachev, but they were not explained in the actual trade posts. I hope that future trades include reasoning from both GMs on both sides of the trade.

I am also not a fan of the unwritten rule on limiting discussion of posted trades. I would rather see controversial deals discussed in the open than in the background via PM/IM.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SharksGM wrote:I think the Flyers have good reason(s) to trade Carcillo and Grachev, but they were not explained in the actual trade posts. I hope that future trades include reasoning from both GMs on both sides of the trade.

I am also not a fan of the unwritten rule on limiting discussion of posted trades. I would rather see controversial deals discussed in the open than in the background via PM/IM.
First, yes there should be better reasonings given for any trades beyond those involving scrubs and picks.

Second, I don't mind trade discussions as long as they can be kept civil and reasonable. That usually isn't the case, however.
Brett-SensGM

Post by Brett-SensGM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Went through the GM list to see if there is anyone that has checked out:

CHI 24-Jul
NSH 13-Aug
BUF 01-Aug
MTL 15-Aug

The start of the season would be the perfect time to get some new blood hooked on EHEC. I'd be happy to do another recruitment push at various websites.
I can follow up with Steve/Buf... but 99% sure he will not be back. He's going back to school and has stepped down as Commish of his own league as well.

Also be in favour of someone here with great tact + experience "advising" on trades for new GM's via PM before a questionable trade is approved/declined. Not a huge fan of public call outs. Causes the least amount of negative feelings when a TC/Mod sends a polite PM to both GM's advising a rework.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I get it, stuff comes up but these GMs can't even post or PM SOMEONE? This is why I don't even bother with the introductions anymore. We give these motherfuckers 2nd chances and they immediately disappear. :lol: #cogms #goofs
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Overall, I have to disagree with Dan that discussing a trade in the actual thread is productive. While there have been some exceptions, I think it more then often leads to bickering and mudslinging. Whenever a trade has been posted that I felt was bad enough I wanted to say something, a staff member was always willing to listen via PM/IM. I see the benefit of discussing things out in the open for education purposes, but not in the actual thread.

A long time ago I proposed the amount of time served running your team should dictate how the approval process is handled.

Code: Select all

Time                  Allowable amount (sum of salaries in trade)          Trade Exempt from TC    
30 days or less       $2,000,000                                           N/A
1-2 months            $4,000,000                                           N/A
3-6 months            $6,000,000                                           N/A
6-11 months           $8,000,000                                           N/A
1+ years              No cap                                               $2,000,000 or less
2+ years              No cap                                               $4,000,000 or less
3+ years              No cap                                               $8,000,000 or less
4+ years              No cap                                               All trades exempt
Adam said he liked the idea, but that was three years ago and nothing came of it. I liked this idea because it protects new GMs but still allows them to make trades which is the best part of fantasy. It also removes the stress of the TC when dealing with two experienced GMs making a big trade. In my opinion, if you've been around here since the start you should be able to run your roster however you want.
Most recent file here.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”