Problems with new GM office

Moderator: SharksGM

Dallas Stars GM

Problems with new GM office

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Although the new GM office looks really cool and I like the look, I have bumped to several troubles with it . . .

1. I can't promote/demote players. I tried to do it via "roster managment" in GM office but nothing happened. Then I have noticed that I have to click on "Send to AHL" or on "Recall" button TWICE (to do the same thing twice, don't know why is that) to make it happen, then the players moved to where I wanted them to move. (demote/promote). I have downloaded the most recent league file but there were no changes made.

2. I can't set up my lines. To be more precise, yes I can - but f.e. I've got Sam Kurker in my lineup who can play both right wing and left wing, for some reason can play only as a left wing. The same problem occurs with more players . . .

3. Finally, a question - what is the puprose of the "press box" in GM Office?

Thanks.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
MinnesotaGM

Re: Problems with new GM office

Post by MinnesotaGM »

I think the press box is more of a headline story for your team page
Dallas Stars GM

Oh, okay . . . still don't get the purpose very much, but thanks :D

Oh, and yes, I forgot to mention . . . how am I supposed to send instrunctions now, when there's not "send instructions" option there now??
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. You need to click "ok" and the action will be submitted to players.ehm. Note to whoever updates the league file: please download the players.ehm, team.ehm and staff.ehm file before simming as these files will contain all changes submitted by the GMs.
2. To use a player at his alternate position, first change his position in the roster management page and click "ok". You will then be able to use the player in your lines form.

For #1 and #2 above, see the attached image for visual instructions.

3. The press box app allows you to post a news item to the front page of the website, as well as to the front page of your team page. Your team page will stay empty until you write a news item. The press box also allows you to delete a news item at any time. When you have multiple news items submitted, like my team page, older stories will automatically be placed under the 'LATEST NEWS' section on the right beneath your team information. Nobody is forcing you to use it, but you can choose how much you want to contribute to the website.

Extra: You mentioned there is no "send instructions" option - just wondering, what would you need to use it for? If I have forgotten to add something to the GMCP, I can always add more apps.
Attachments
instructions.png
instructions.png (102.77 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Is anybody else experiencing problems with the GMCP? Do the above instructions not work for anybody? Post all problems/bugs here.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Dallas Stars GM wrote:1. I can't promote/demote players. I tried to do it via "roster managment" in GM office but nothing happened. Then I have noticed that I have to click on "Send to AHL" or on "Recall" button TWICE (to do the same thing twice, don't know why is that) to make it happen, then the players moved to where I wanted them to move. (demote/promote). I have downloaded the most recent league file but there were no changes made.
Works if you click it once. You just need to refresh the page and you'll see the change.
2. I can't set up my lines. To be more precise, yes I can - but f.e. I've got Sam Kurker in my lineup who can play both right wing and left wing, for some reason can play only as a left wing. The same problem occurs with more players . . .
You need to go to roster management and change his primary position to RW if you want to slot him into RW.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Uploading lines would still be useful for those of us who do test sims, or just enter lines in-game.

Instructions... I dunno? I thought all that box did was email the league account, you can just do that manually. lines@ehechockey.com, no?
Dallas Stars GM

All is clear to me now, thanks for the explanation guys and sorry for taking your time
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:Uploading lines would still be useful for those of us who do test sims, or just enter lines in-game.

Instructions... I dunno? I thought all that box did was email the league account, you can just do that manually. lines@ehechockey.com, no?
Maybe Quinn can come up with a way to make the drop-down lineup read a .lns file?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Uploading lines would still be useful for those of us who do test sims, or just enter lines in-game.

Maybe Quinn can come up with a way to make the drop-down lineup read a .lns file?
^ It already reads in your latest .lns file and attempts to match each position with the player ID. So when you hit save and it creates you a new .lns file, it can read in what you just put. Otherwise, every time you go to open it, it would show the same name for every position based on who has the lowest player ID. All 4 of my LWs would be JT Miller, all 6 of my defensemen would be Zdeno Chara, etc.
Dallas Stars GM

Sorry, but I'm experiencing another problems.

I can't set up forwards to play D position on powerplay.
There are only defensemen from which I can choose.

I can't set up centers to play wing positions on penalty kill, although I know that RW is actually playing the C position and you don't win many faceoffs with wingers going on the faceoff circle, so you need your centremen to play there.

How should I do it?
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

For now, I made some basic line restrictions based on position only. When the new EHEC CBA is ready with new rules (including for lines... if any), then I'll make the necessary changes. Luckily, the next game isn't until September. :D
Dallas Stars GM

Okay, I know we have lots of time until the season starts ... I was just wondering :)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Because of the new GM office, I just noticed that Klefbom has an alternate position of C, which he apparently has had since I drafted him two years ago. Huh. This could really change my life. Thanks, GM Office!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:Because of the new GM office, I just noticed that Klefbom has an alternate position of C, which he apparently has had since I drafted him two years ago. Huh. This could really change my life. Thanks, GM Office!
Wow.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Hmmmm Just checked out the GM office. Just figured out that i have 3 D men that can play forward.....makes things a tad more interesting......very very nice set up.......thanx for doing this for us.....Great thing for the league
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Looks like there is a small bug on the front page. I programmed it to sort all the news stories by number and display the highest number (i.e. the most recent story) first. However, it seems as if it is displaying them in the order: 9,8,7,...,10,1, rather than 10,9,8,7,...1. I'll fix it when I get home.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

The front page is a little screwy when not logged in.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

TorontoGM wrote:The front page is a little screwy when not logged in.
I think I fixed it now. The page decided to spontaneously combust, but I think I put out the fire.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”