Chat

Moderator: SharksGM

Singin the BLUES

Chat

Post by Singin the BLUES »

We need some sort of chat box on here just for Gms. I think it would make trading a bit easier and also boost activity too
Parker

Re: Chat

Post by Parker »

I run an EFnet IRC channel but it doesn't generate much activity. :lol:
Singin the BLUES

Well there has to be some sort of plug in that can be added to this forum
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Are PM's not easy enough?
Singin the BLUES

Yes, but most of the times they are not fast enough if you wanna get something done quickly
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Easier way to deal? Replying to your PMs would be a start.
Singin the BLUES

Well when they arent worth while to respond to, that should tell you something i would think.
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

A simple "No thanks" would do. Ain't that fucking difficult and should only take 5 seconds of your precious time.
Singin the BLUES

Like that song goes, some things are better left unsaid
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Edit: Might as well delete this post right now. So yeah whatever...
Last edited by Edmonton Mike on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Edmonton Mike wrote:Easier way to deal? Replying to your PMs would be a start.
Gotta admit, that simple courtesy would go a LONG way, regardless of the offer.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Replying to PMs isn't mandatory boys.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Kind of, yes.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Yeah. Just for the record, if I PM someone with an offer that doesn't interest them, I do appreciate a "no thanks" or "get off the drugs" or something. Or, even better, a brief explanation. When someone doesn't respond at all, I find that pretty rude, and it tends to affect my future dealings with them.

Oh, and for those who think PM's aren't fast enough, what I do is have email notifications of PM's, so when someone PM's me I immediately get notification either on my PC or my phone. I don't see you can get more immediate than that.

That said, an embedded chat client would be cool.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Parker wrote:Yeah. Just for the record, if I PM someone with an offer that doesn't interest them, I do appreciate a "no thanks" or "get off the drugs" or something. Or, even better, a brief explanation. When someone doesn't respond at all, I find that pretty rude, and it tends to affect my future dealings with them.

Oh, and for those who think PM's aren't fast enough, what I do is have email notifications of PM's, so when someone PM's me I immediately get notification either on my PC or my phone. I don't see you can get more immediate than that.

Boston, read this post 20 times!
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Pittsburgh; not interested.

Either way, I'll do a better job of responding to PMs on my end.
Parker

Post by Parker »

I can't speak for everyone, but Boston has always responded to my inquiries.
Singin the BLUES

I had a problem withy PMs......said I had 4 new ones but I couldn't see them until I cleared some out and then had to do something so I was able to see them
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Parker wrote:Yeah. Just for the record, if I PM someone with an offer that doesn't interest them, I do appreciate a "no thanks" or "get off the drugs" or something. Or, even better, a brief explanation. When someone doesn't respond at all, I find that pretty rude, and it tends to affect my future dealings with them.

QFT. Yeah, mine go to my phone too. Sometimes I read it on my phone, and then forget to respond though.

I remember Adam got a chat going in the way back and nobody ended up using it I don't think. Could try again I suppose.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”