Buffalo - Vancouver

Moderator: SharksGM

DanySabres

Buffalo - Vancouver

Post by DanySabres »

To Buffalo - Kevin Bieksa

To Vancouver- 2nd round BUF 2013

Buffalo would like to welcome Kevin Bieksa from Vancouver to strengthen our defensive who really need it.
Last edited by DanySabres on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VancouverCanucksGM

Re: Buffalo - Vancouver

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Out with the new....in with the new..er....

Vancouver accepts.

Bieksa didn't fit into my plans long term, received an offer that was easy to say yes to. Hope Kevin enjoys his new home.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

This trade is rejected by 2/3 Committee vote. Per the Rulebook, you guys will have one more chance to rework this deal.

Reasoning: I have gotten requests from friends of Dany to reject this deal and I agree with their concerns. Dany, himself, admitted that he made a mistake and asked that I please consider his inexperience in ruling on the deal. Acquiring Bieksa for a 4th or 5th rounder might not be that bad, if you have the salary cap room for his contract, but for the 41st overall pick is too much. This is a case of a rookie GM not knowing the value of draft picks and not completely knowing the rules. With the new contracts and arbitrations, a Bieksa acquisition could put Dany well over the salary cap and that's not a situation I want with an inexperienced GM.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
DanySabres

Post by DanySabres »

Sorry about it...
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

DanySabres wrote:Sorry about it...
No problem. EHM is not an easy thing to do. Neither is EHEC.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide

Return to “Rejected Trades”