To Anaheim:

Bobby Ryan (CON:68)
Nikita Kucherov (CON:67)
2nd BOS 2013
3rd BOS 2013

To Calgary:

Joe Pavelski (CON:73)
Teuvo Teraveinen (CON:68)

It's been a long time that we were talking about this deal. The price for Ryan was very hight, but i think that he will really help my team to have a great grinder line with Kane and hunter (future ducks). Pavelski did'nt get a great season as expected and was'nt polyvalent as Ryan could be. I really think that my team is a better team now and that i wil be competitive for a few season.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: Anaheim-Calgary

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Sorry to horn in here but....Polyvalent? Awesome.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Ryan can play as well on a hit, dump or even on a NZT. He can be a good player on passing play with his good positining. Also, he is a naturel winger, can play both on RW andd LW. Pavelski isn't a good center with his 77 of faceoff, and his atribute doesn't make him a good LW. I appraciate please that you take off your post, if you have any problem with these trade you should send me a PM.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Bud, I was complimenting your use of the word "polyvalent." Take a deep breath and re-read my post with that in mind. And know that I'm not one to ever criticize a trade on the boards.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Sorry, my english is not really good and sometime it's difficult to understand!
Commish Bub(NYR)

AnaheimGM wrote:Sorry, my english is not really good and sometime it's difficult to understand!
That, plus you're probably sleep-deprived too. :)
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Even though he was playing decent hockey, Bobby Ryan suffered a lot from not playing on my H&G lines anymore.
Last year he was absolutely amazing scoring more than 30 goals and he might be able to get back to performing this way in Anaheim playing with a guy like Evander Kane.

Joe Pavelski's listed as an all-around forward although one might be tempted to call him a straight up playmaker.
I believe I can line him up with guys that will help him put up better offensive stats. I still feel like Bobby Ryan is the better player but not using him properly was playing with my mind alot for a while now.
I'd rather have a lesser offensive-minded player on my scoring lines, than a guy who I know would be better off on my 3rd line.

If Teravainen develops properly, he'll be a GREAT skater with an offensive upside which is why I insisted that he was involved in the trade. He will take Zherdev's spot on my top 6 forwards once he's ready to do so.
My roster is untouched so I have all the time in the world to train this promising young kid.

Kucherov and the picks were the price to pay to have Teravainen who was an early first round selection in last year's draft.

Like J.T. said, we talked about this deal for about the last 2 weeks. I'm glad this finally got to work out for the both of us.
It was a pleasure talking to you.

Bonne chance avec Bobby Ryan, man.
Félicitation pour le bébé en passant.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

This deal is under further deliberation and will be ruled on tomorrow.

Side note: If approved, this will count as February pro-ration.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

After extended deliberation and number crunching, this trade is rejected by unanimous Committee vote.

As the Rulebook states, both teams can attempt to make this trade a second time with the core players.

Reasoning: There's not enough value from Calgary's side in this trade. Pavelski and Ryan are close in terms of talent, but not in terms of value. Pavelski is a harder to find player in the file as a playmaker who is good enough defensively not to hurt the team. His intangible attributes of skating and a high 70s faceoff number are enough to keep him at C if a GM wanted to. As for Teravainen, who should be an 80 OF forward with tremendous skating ability, he was a former first round pick and a CON increase prior to the draft made him even more valuable.

Bobby Ryan is a good player. He doesn't have any real weaknesses in his game. The difference between him and Pavelski is not all that big, however, as I said above, there are more Bobby Ryan type players in the file than Joe Pavelski types and that increases Pavelski's value.

The biggest issue in this trade is the gap between Teravainen and the prospect and picks from Calgary. Kucherov is unlikely to develop a whole lot more past where he is already. He has some offensive upside, but is very limited defensively and possesses low intangibles. As a low-HI player with a low PE, he is a big liability in terms of penalties if he ever becomes a NHL regular. The two picks from Boston don't fill the gap between Teravainen and Kucherov, nor do they fill the value gap between Pavelski and Ryan.

Julien, if you could, please, help to explain this to Jonathan because I don't want him to be confused by what I'm saying since I know his English isn't the best and I want to make sure he understands.

If you guys have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

It's really clear, i understood what you have said. Thanks for yous expications!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

AnaheimGM wrote:It's really clear, i understood what you have said. Thanks for yous expications!
Ok. I just wanted to make sure.
Adam Burke
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Of course, those 79oa power forwards are a lot easier to find...
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Of course, those 79oa power forwards are a lot easier to find...
If you have an issue, please discuss it with me via PM.

By the way, OA includes greed and endurance. Ryan's endurance is 99 and his greed is 108. Take those two away and you have 75 OA. Include the 89 FA that is pretty much useless for him and he's down to 73.9.

OA is not a very good barometer of judging value in my humble opinion.
Adam Burke

Return to “Rejected Trades”