May 5, 2012

GoJetsGo

May 5, 2012

Post by GoJetsGo »

SJ 3 - PHX 2
Shots: 26-22 SJ
PP: SJ - 0/1; PHX - 0/0

05:59 1-0 PHX Shane Doan [5] (Joe Basaraba, Jordan Staal)
09:48 2-0 PHX Mike Forney [4] (Ryan Stone, Quinton Howden)
------------------------------------------------------------
no scoring
46:13 2-1 SJ Joe Thornton [5] (Ryane Clowe, Dany Heatley)
52:16 2-2 SJ Jack Skille [2] (Ryan Getzlaf, Evgeni Nabokov)
58:02 2-3 SJ Dany Heatley [3] (Nicklas Lidström, Derek Forbort)

Three stars:
1st: Dany Heatley
2nd: Ryane Clowe
3rd: Jack Skille

Best of 7 Western Conference Semifinal Tied 2-2.

CBJ 3 - CGY 2
Shots: 24-23 CGY
PP: CBJ - 2/7; CGY - 0/0

10:14 0-1 CBS Derick Brassard [6] (Scott Niedermayer)
no scoring
40:31 1-1 CGY Nikolai Zherdev [3] (Luca Caputi, Braydon Coburn)
46:17 1-2 CBS Rick Nash [7] (Cory Stillman)PP
56:58 2-2 CGY Bobby Ryan [3] (Shawn Matthias, Ryan Stoa)
59:16 2-3 CBS Brian Boyle [1] (Cory Stillman, Joonas Donskoi)PP

Three stars:
1st: Cory Stillman
2nd: Rick Nash
3rd: Derick Brassard

Columbus wins Best of 7 Western Conference Semifinal 4-0.
Virtual Jarmo

Re: May 5, 2012

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Who takes a laptop to a wedding? Especially if it was an open bar. If it's a cash bar, then I understand. Kind of.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I read a post on the internet (therefore true) about some guy who took a portable TV to his friend's wedding in early June/late May and the men all sat around watching the Stanley Cup Finals and the bride was pissed. Serves 'em right for such thoughtless wedding scheduling.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:I read a post on the internet (therefore true) about some guy who took a portable TV to his friend's wedding in early June/late May and the men all sat around watching the Stanley Cup Finals and the bride was pissed. Serves 'em right for such thoughtless wedding scheduling.
I've heard about those too. I've also heard about friends of the groom renting a big screen TV and putting it in the lobby so they could watch whatever game was on.

Couple years ago, before I got a smart phone, a good buddy of mine got married the night of the Ohio State-Wisconsin game. Imagine trying to watch a box score on a flip phone with a shitty browser. Of course, it was an open bar so by about halftime of the football game, I was so hammered I couldn't even read the numbers.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

...?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Someone had such a great time he ran off to marry a bridesmaid in Vegas, he's not coming back.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Dan, that sounds like a fantastic idea. If only I had heard of it sooner. :lol: #sorryforpartying In process as we speak.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Once again gents, sorry for keeping you all in suspense regarding the status of your seasons. As Adam and I discussed, I should have asked Ryan to swap nights to ensure this was run earlier. That said, like a loser I did bring my laptop with me on the trip with knowledge that it was my night. Probably better off to let myself sober up than to attempt it smashed. :D

San Jose has new life in their struggle with the "Yotes evening the series as the teams head back to the Shark Tank. Dion Phaneuf returns to the Calgary lineup, but it's a bit too late as Columbus returns to the Western Conference Final.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

http://www.ehechockey.com/calendar.html
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Congrats, Boss.

Although things didn't turn out exactly as planned, my team fought a good fight.
What's hard to swallow though is that all 4 games were decided by late or very late goals in the 3rd AND I didn't even had a power play on home ice. Tough luck, brought to you by EHM.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

What an epic 3rd period comeback. I'm actually vaguely confident they can pull this off if they start treating home ice advantage like an advantage.

Clowe showed up big time and Heatley did what Heatley frequently does... all meat wings.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Congrats, Boss.

Although things didn't turn out exactly as planned, my team fought a good fight.
What's hard to swallow though is that all 4 games were decided by late or very late goals in the 3rd AND I didn't even had a power play on home ice. Tough luck, brought to you by EHM.
Thanks man. May have been a sweep, but those games were very close. All one goal games and you definitely got EHM'd by the officiating. Shot totals were close in every single game too. I think EHM favored my top-end talent over your steadier players.

Don't worry, you'll be right back there next season.
Adam Burke
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

You're right, I couldn't handle Nash & Backes both playing crazy minutes.
Summer will be key in order to right a couple wrongs.
Encouraging rookie season nonetheless.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

GoJetsGo wrote:Dan, that sounds like a fantastic idea. If only I had heard of it sooner. :lol: #sorryforpartying In process as we speak.

Return to “2011-2012 EHEC Playoffs”