An Apology and Some Updates

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

An Apology and Some Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Guys, first, I want to apologize for how slowly things are moving right now. I've got an fhockey post out and I'm still waiting on replies from a couple of people about GM spots. I really expected to have the league filled by now, but it seems EHM just isn't as big as it once was. For those out there putting a good word in to your friends about us, I really really appreciate it.

Now, your first task. Please download the file from http://ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip and check over your roster to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Also, check with your team's draft picks to make sure that those are right for the 2010 Draft. Remember, they mirror the actual 2010 NHL Draft.

(Note: I got the Artuykhin-Miller deal in for the sim already)

Second, as of now, I am planning on giving teams two player re-rates and two ceiling re-rates. You can choose the players, however the same player cannot be used for both a player and a ceiling re-rate. Also, the player that you re-rate cannot be used in a trade until at least January once we begin simming. I do not want a case where you use the re-rate to maximize value in a trade. This note is for planning purposes only. In a couple of days, I will make a thread to list the players you would like re-rated.

Third, you may notice that some guys have a higher cap hit than they do IRL. This is because they have signed extensions and rather than edit them at this season's end, they have been edited now. I figure that the cap being 58M as opposed to the NHL's 56.5M, this should not cause too many issues.

Fourth, the file was posted as of 9/17. This means that the Kessel trade and any trades after that point, as well as signings, are not applicable to the file. Once it was uploaded, it was done (except for things I may have missed). For RFAs, I put Kessel, Dubinsky, Babchuk, Zherdev, Radulov, Hudler, and Vrana back on their respective teams. If anybody desperately wants one of the RFAs that remained unsigned, and was your team's property, at the time the file was posted, please PM me and I will see to it that you get a fair chance to sign said player.

Again, I thank everyone out there actively recruiting for us. Please refer any of your friends to us so we can get this thing going ASAP.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Vik-Oil

Re: An Apology and Some Updates

Post by Vik-Oil »

Zherdev = UFA
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Well, Vik, we'll have to decide that. Technically, the Rangers made a qualifying offer before the file was posted. That means Zherdev would be subject to our RFA compensation policies, would he not? Or does that expire after a certain period of time?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Vik-Oil

Post by Vik-Oil »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Well, Vik, we'll have to decide that. Technically, the Rangers made a qualifying offer before the file was posted. That means Zherdev would be subject to our RFA compensation policies, would he not? Or does that expire after a certain period of time?
The Rangers walked away from his arbitration award. That's why he's unrestricted.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Very well then, Vik. Zherdev will be a UFA as of the next sim.

Also, the Committee has decided that we will use the shootout tool from fhockey, so there will be no ties. Shootout losses go in the OTL category.
Adam Burke
Vik-Oil

Post by Vik-Oil »

I guess Konstantin Pushkarev is unrestricted too seeing as he was trying out for the Pens.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Vik-Oil wrote:I guess Konstantin Pushkarev is unrestricted too seeing as he was trying out for the Pens.
Aye. Updated.

Thanks, Vik.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”