TOR/LA

Post by TorontoGM »

To Los Angeles:

Kyle Turris(79)

To Toronto:

Scott Mayfield(84)
Mirko Hoefflin(79)

Accept,
While I love Turris and would have loved to keep him, he's struggled this year and after last nights performance I decided it's time to prepare for the off-season. Mayfield and Hoefflin are both good young players and will gain valuable experience the rest of the way this year and hopefully be able to step into the lineup next season and contribute.

Nice dealing with ya LA, good luck the rest of the way.
Last edited by TorontoGM on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kings GM

Re: TOR/LA

Post by Kings GM »

ACCEPT.

Finally i get the center i was looking for, Turris is still young and have a good contract. Hard to let go both Mayfield and Hoefflin. Now the Kings are ready for Stanley cup run.
Virtual Jarmo

Re: TOR/LA

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

This trade is rejected by 2/3 Committee vote.

Keep in mind that the core of this deal can be re-worked into a trade one more time.

Reasoning: There's no way around it, Mirko Hoefflin's 15 PE gives him very little value. The idea that he's going to wind up with close to 300 PIM, as both years of the fastsim file indicate, just makes it hard to appreciate the offensive potential that he has. Scott Mayfield is a strong defenseman, but also projects as a guy to rack up a lot of fights and has a relatively low PE. Mayfield is a valuable asset and not the reason that the value is off on this trade.

Turris is valuable in the faceoff circle and is also an 80+ OF player with high CON. If Mayfield were a more balanced player or a closer version of an inverted Turris (near 70 OF with his 80+ DF), then the value on this trade would be much closer than it is. As it stands right now, however, Hoefflin's little to no value doesn't quite make up for the gap between Turris and Mayfield.

This trade is by no means far apart, but there needs to be another asset or two going Toronto's way to even it out before it's going to be accepted. Hoefflin is just viewed very negatively because he's going to cause as many opposition power play goals as he's going to score points. It's hard to get around that and it gives him little value in a trade. There needs to be more value sent to Toronto for a solid offensive player with good intangibles like Turris.

Again, as I said, this trade can be re-worked with the same Turris-Mayfield core one more time.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide

Return to “Rejected Trades”