5QF - Canada Day Edition

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

5QF - Canada Day Edition

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends. For us in the States, it's just Friday.

1. So, is Canada Day treated like it is in the US with people going to cookouts and fireworks displays or is it just another day to most? What are you doing (did you do) today?

2. Biggest steal of the EHEC Draft so far?

3. Will you miss me while I'm gone next week?

4. What zoo animal would you most want to have as a pet?

5. TV Show you were most excited to see that wound up sucking and TV show you thought "Eh, I'll give this a chance" and then wound up loving?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Re: 5QF - Canada Day Edition

Post by Jets GM »

1. I'm going to work at the Keg, then I'm going to roll a fat one. So, just another day to me.

2. J.T Miller (ya I know he went in the 1st, but he's sick)

3. ofc

4. Monkey

5. Fringe got me excited, but turned out it was just a tease. The Sopranos I was luke warm about when I first started watching it, turns out its the best TV show ever.
Most recent file here.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. Despite being the States, it is actually an Institute holiday at Caltech today for some reason. That said, I'll probably be coing in MATLAB today... and for the rest of the long weekend.

2. Jensen at 29 was a great pick.

3. The boss is out of town? Nice!

4. Agree with Justin - easily a monkey.

5. I thought The Event was going to be good - couldn't even get half way through the first season. I didn't think much of the Big Bang Theory until I watched a few episodes consecutively on a plane, now it's my favorite active sitcom.
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

1. So, is Canada Day treated like it is in the US with people going to cookouts and fireworks displays or is it just another day to most? What are you doing (did you do) today?
I'll drink to it.

Victor Rask

AvsGM wrote:3. The boss is out of town? Nice!
Anarchy!

Tiger.

5. TV Show you were most excited to see that wound up sucking and TV show you thought "Eh, I'll give this a chance" and then wound up loving?
I think all TV shows suck. And when I watch them I think they suck even more.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

BBQ and maybe Ill drink.

I've barely even scouted, so my opinion means nothing.

The real question is, will you miss me?

Lynx

5. TV Show you were most excited to see that wound up sucking and TV show you thought "Eh, I'll give this a chance" and then wound up loving? I thought Fringe was good at the start but it got pretty redonkulous, and it took me a good 5 years but Deadwood is a fucken AWESOME show.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I heard it's nothing compared to the US. Fireworks and drinking around, nothing too crazy though. I'm going to play golf at 5 and my buddy is having a BBQ!

Jensen(VAN) went a lot further than I thought! Tochitsky(WAS) also.

Of course. :oops: But, I'm not giving you any dime for your gambling!

I'd nap all day with my big Panda.

1- L'antichambre on RDS
2- Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson!!
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Don't know, I'm waiting for the 4th here in the States. Free Agent Frenzy coincides nicely with Canada Day though.

Mikhailov to Carolina in the second round, if he boosts.

A couple days off from arbitration cases never hurt. :D

Koala bear

XFL football and 24
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Pre-Windsor trip errands. Meh. 4th of July = Indians-Yankees game and hating all the cocksucker Yankee fans around me.

I'd have to say Mikhailov with a boost.

I am me, but yes I will.

The wife would insist we have one of these: Image

As for me, I want a lion.

Most excited to watch: HBO's The Pacific. Didn't suck, but didn't blow me away like Band of Brothers did.
Gave a chance and loved: Shameless on Showtime. Awesome show.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

The novelty of Canada Day has pretty much worn off at this point. Just another excuse to drink, which some years I take 100 % advantage of, but I got to work bright and early Saturday so who knows at this point.

Scott Mayfield at 31 to LA. I thought he would go in the top 15/20. If Jensen boosts ever then he would be, but I can't call him a steal since he's a 4th liner for the next couple seasons while trying to boost.

Doubtful.

As a pet? Lion/Tiger. Nobody would fuck with me.

I don't watch a lot of TV besides Sports but I watched Human Target which turned into a pretty good show and somehow FOX has cancelled that and kept Fringe alive.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. Biked around a lot and made Indian food. I'm not very patriotic.
2. Beaulieu and it won't be close until Jensen boosts. And since I'm bad at following instructions, Puempel is solid value at #51.
3. Yes sir!
4. If we're throwing practicality out the window, then definitely a penguin.
5. I can't even remember hyping myself up about a TV show. Life was a pleasant surprise since I wasn't expecting, well, anything out of it, and then it got cancelled after two seasons. Yaaay. At least it got a decent finale.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Had people over for drinks, dinner downtown, Parliament shenanigans, saw fireworks, went to a club.

Penguin wrote:Jensen(VAN) went a lot further than I thought! Tochitsky(WAS) also.

Beaulieu and Mikhailov.

No. You deserve the time off.

5. TV Show you were most excited to see that wound up sucking?
SharksGM wrote:I can't even remember hyping myself up about a TV show.
this

TV show you thought "Eh, I'll give this a chance" and then wound up loving?

How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

1. Well, there's fireworks and drinking... And the useless royal family was apparently a 'big deal' in Ottawa... I made strawberry cake and had crab for dinner. I'm a wild and crazy guy.
2. Jensen
3. Oh, it won't be long...
4. I'm the first party pooper who suggests the kind of animals kept in zoos belong neither there nor in a person's home? Ah, hell, give me a timber wolf.
5. Boardwalk Empire is kind of lifeless, given the hype.
Giving Parks and Recreation a chance after its shitty first season turned out pretty good.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Good call on Boardwalk Empire. I expected a lot and barely got through 3 episodes before I stopped.
Adam Burke
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Really? I cant wait for the next season of Boardwalk.

Return to “The Sports Bar”