5QF - Entry Draft Edition

Moderator: SharksGM

GoJetsGo

5QF - Entry Draft Edition

Post by GoJetsGo »

1) With the 1st pick in 2011 EHEC Entry Draft the Detroit Red Wings...?

2) Of the 30 players currently available in the file, how many are actually worthy of a top 10 pick?
2a) Where do the Coyotes call home for 2011-12?

3) In your opinion, which player got the shaft in terms of ratings?

4) My favorite player available in this year's draft is?

5) The Oilers are [fill in the blank] for selecting RNH.
Last edited by GoJetsGo on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montreal Canadiens

Re: 5QF - Entry Draft Edition

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

The Oilers are stuck in a hard place, and should really trade down, and not overstock their forwards and leave their defense depleted by selecting RNH.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

1) Adam Larsson
2) Didn't scout yet...
3) ''
4) Rocco Grimaldi
5) Going with the best player available. I still don't know what I would do as OilersGM..
Parker

Post by Parker »

I'm not really qualified to answer most of these, as I haven't started scouting for the draft yet, and I follow the NHL only to the extent of keeping up with the Coyotes' financial woes and waiting for Gary Bettman to be fired or assassinated. I'll take a stab at #5 though:

The Oil should draft the best player available, regardless of position. Assets can be traded if they prove to be redundant, or the team could sign free agents to shore up their defence using the money available from having a lot of cost-controlled young forwards. Drafting based on need is a recipe for disaster, or mediocrity at the very least. Those forwards they've drafted aren't all going to turn into NHL superstars. The Oil also have a number of youngish defenders currently in their system who should still be in their primes when the young star forwards start to contribute.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

1 Larsson. lucky sob's.
2 Maybe just shy of ten? Depends what yer standards are. Where'd we land on that PE issue?
3 Biggs is a weird prospect. Of course, he's a weird prospect irl, so maybe he gets what he deserves.
4 Strome's an interesting one
5 Saving the Avalanche from the most overrated prospect since...
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

1) I always assumed RNH, but Larsson is certainly the other viable option.

2) Six for me, probably not the smartest idea to piss off the commish. :shock:
2a) Winnipeg, especially if the Goldwater Institute doesn't back down.

3) Huberdeau, for all the hype the real life version is getting.

4) You'll know in late June.

5) Depends what they manage with their second first. RNH won't matter without a goaltender and defense.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

1) With the 1st pick in 2011 EHEC Entry Draft the Detroit Red Wings...?
Adam Larrson

2) Of the 30 players currently available in the file, how many are actually worthy of a top 10 pick?
10? :P

2a) Where do the Coyotes call home for 2011-12?
Glendale

3) In your opinion, which player got the shaft in terms of ratings?
Duncan Seimens. He needs to be more EXPLOSIVE.

4) My favorite player available in this year's draft is?
Duncan Seimens or RNH.

Smart, You're really gonna take the chance on some defender who struggled this season in SWEDEN? It's not like they can't trade Cogliano, Gagner, Horcoff(Wait nevermind) or Brule...etc. I graduated with Ryan's older brother(adam) and he said he would not cheer for the Oilers even if they draft Ryan. haha that's a die hard Canucks fan!
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

i'd be stoked if the avs draft larsson. EJ + larsson makes up for a terrible D since the lockout
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Jungle Cats wrote: Where'd we land on that PE issue?
Edited in the newly posted file.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. ... select Adam Larsson because he's awesome.
2. I count 6 great prospects and another 5 who those picking 7-11 should not be upset with. So either 6 or 11.
2a. I hope North York, but probably Winnipeg.
3. Judging by CSB final rankings + hfboards hype, Nathan Beaulieu and basically everyone on the European list who isn't Adam Larsson... although Zibanejad's decent. But that's just comparing to the top 5-6 players; by no means is there a shortage of talent considering the 30 prospects in the file don't even account for all of the CSB top 30. I'm looking forward to David Musil.
4. Sven Bartschi!
5. ... doing the right thing if he's really the best player on the board. No idea about that though, I hardly ever watch junior hockey.
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

SharksGM wrote:5. ... doing the right thing if he's really the best player on the board. No idea about that though, I hardly ever watch junior hockey.
Oh, your missing out. Junior hockey is about 100x better than LHN hockey.

Return to “The Sports Bar”