5QF - 3/25/11

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

5QF - 3/25/11

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

1. If we were to make a new website, what color scheme would you want for the website/boards?

2. You happen to run in to a celebrity at a bar. After while, the dude gets hammered and tells you to order a bottle of whatever you want and put it on his tab. What do you order?

3. What was your high school mascot?

4. What's something you did as a kid that you haven't done in a really long time?

5. How will you pass your time if the NBA and NFL are locked out next year?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Re: 5QF - 3/25/11

Post by Penguin »

1. Blue and white. But, don't change it! It's nice and simple as it is.
2. GREY GOOSE MAGNUM. Yeaaaaaa buddy
3. Didn't have one.
4. Build a fort and have a huge crazy ass snowball fight!
5. NBA could fold for all I care. But, Sundays without NFL will be extremely depressing. I guess I'll just have to study.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. Good question.
2. Not too sure about this one.
3. A pirate.
4. All night video game sessions.
5. Might look for some new TV series to follow or something like that.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

1. If we were to make a new website, what color scheme would you want for the website/boards?

Something that looks sleek.

2. You happen to run in to a celebrity at a bar. After while, the dude gets hammered and tells you to order a bottle of whatever you want and put it on his tab. What do you order?

Crown Royal XR

We were the Trinity Trojans. There are urban legends about the hockey coming out to their bus after a game and having condoms taped all over it. Never happened to us when I was there, though.

4. What's something you did as a kid that you haven't done in a really long time?

Play Capture the Flag.

Hate the NBA anyway. I can live without the NFL. It'll suck to have no fantasy football. I'm more in to college fall/winter sports.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Purple, ALL purple.

Belvedere, or Johnny Walker Blue Label 1805 or any of the crazy anniversary ones.

Cougar

Knickie Knickie Nine Doors aka ringing doorbells and running late at night.

I'm survived most of my life not really paying attention to either :D
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:3. What was your high school mascot?

Cougar
Was your mascot a MILF?

My fiancee, with a half black sister and brother, and a 3/4 black niece and nephew, refers to that as "nigger knocking". It's always been "ding, dong, ditch" to me.
Adam Burke
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:3. What was your high school mascot?

Cougar
Was your mascot a MILF?

My fiancee, with a half black sister and brother, and a 3/4 black niece and nephew, refers to that as "nigger knocking". It's always been "ding, dong, ditch" to me.
Hahaha, Knickie Knickie Nine door is the Canadian name and fuck I wish our mascot was a MILF, especially since we did not have cheerleaders. :cry:
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

FLAGGGGGGGGGG. Sick call, Adam.

You guys never threw eggs instead of ring and run?
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Penguin wrote:FLAGGGGGGGGGG. Sick call, Adam.

You guys never threw eggs instead of ring and run?
Eggs are expensive when you're 12. hahaha
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Blue and Gold, or Red, White, and Blue :P

A Coke or Pepsi, since I'm the buzzkill that doesn't drink.

A B-52 Bomber. Seriously.

Ding Dong Ditch is definitely one. I also second all-night game sessions. Man I miss those..

Revel in the fact that I won't have to watch 15 slamdunk highlights when I'm stuck watching Sportscenter on break at work.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Doesn't matter as long as it looks professional. Too many fly by night leagues have the free blue template.

Most expensive Tequila available, and a sober me praying some friends are there.

Green Wave, it was not a PUDDLE!

Triple Play '98 drafts followed by a season and backyard HR derby.

NBA: Watch more hockey. NFL: Cry.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

As long as I can read it and the colors aren't crazy-ass, it probably doesn't matter. Won't stop me from complaining anyway. :D

Lancers. You know, a knight on a horse with a lance. [Insert penis jokes here.]

Run everywhere all the time and jump on and off shit everywhere. And fishing.

Don't give a shit about the NBA. As for the NFL, I guess I'll have to get NHL Center Ice.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

1. If we were to make a new website, what color scheme would you want for the website/boards? Pink

2. You happen to run in to a celebrity at a bar. After while, the dude gets hammered and tells you to order a bottle of whatever you want and put it on his tab. What do you order? Tequila, probably Petrone.

3. What was your high school mascot? Don't think we had one...

4. What's something you did as a kid that you haven't done in a really long time? Water ballooning moving cars was a pretty good adrenaline rush.

5. How will you pass your time if the NBA and NFL are locked out next year? All I need is NHL, MLB and UFC. Not really in to either.
Most recent file here.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

1. I dunno, I kinda like the soft tones we've got on forums, I usually build my websites with white on black, but there's something much cleaner and open about a lot of white. Still, could do with an injection of orange.

2. I'm not much of a connoisseur, and nobody drinks scotch in a bar, so just whatever Rye, assuming I'm not drinking beer...

3. I honestly have no idea. Rocket? Garrick - Were we the Rockets?

4. I do a lot of the things I did as a kid - though I haven't played any made up sports for a long time.

5. Well, the NBA runs with the NHL, so no big loss there... same deal for most of the NFL season. I encourage them to lockout. It'd be great for hockey.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. Like Zaq said, more orange and light on dark. Yellow-orange on a dark blue background works well.
2. The most expensive bottle of champagne in the house. Even dingy bars sometimes have a bottle of Dom Perignon lying around in case someone feels like parting with $250.
3. No mascot, but something to represent increasingly absurd tuition fees would have been appropriate.
4. Camp related activities. I was going to say staying home and playing computer games all day, but the 'recently' part would make that a lie.
5. Exactly the same way, except I'll read fewer articles about how badly the Raptors suck and how their future is basically hopeless.

Return to “The Sports Bar”