Add Preseason Games?

Moderator: SharksGM

Should I add another preseason game to the schedule?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 18

Virtual Jarmo

Add Preseason Games?

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Guys, there's a huge gap between the EHM-generated preseason and the start of our real-life regular season. Tonight, in fact, is the last night of preseason. I know that several of you have already sent guys down or back to juniors. But I just realized that there's a six-day gap in between.

I can skip a day, tomorrow, add another preseason game, and play those Oct. 2-4, and then take two days off before the season. Long layoffs tend to upset morale and say that guys are "lacking match practice".

Just a quick poll. It'll be open for 3 days so that I can do them 3-5 if the consensus vote is yes.

If I add games, I will re-adjust injuries to be non-existent if they occur during these added games because we didn't plan for this. Also, Ryan and I, and Nick if he's available, will be discussing our new financial rules for extending player contracts during the upcoming week so we can have something squared away by the start of the season.

Be aware of your cap troubles and make sure you are under the cap/above the floor by your first game. We will pay far more attention to it this year.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Re: Add Preseason Games?

Post by CapsGM »

If it's not too much of a hassle for you guys, I'm all for it. It'd be nice to get AO and Green in for a game (and without risk of injury), because I didn't have time to put them in my last game.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I'll be copying/pasting an earlier preseason date and editing the results/dates. So Eastern Conference Atlantic and Northeast, you're up first. Send your lines.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Also, these games will be played the 2-4. Giving us two days off before the season begins.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

So, as usual, I've come across a problem. EHM automatically ends the preseason as of September 29-30. So any games I add to October would make the game think that the regular season is starting. I thought that schedule.ehm would have a number that distinguished preseason games from regular season games, but it does not.

Basically, if you haven't opened schedule.ehm, it looks like this for one game:

7 10 2010 15 6 0 1
0 0

Date/month/year/Home/Away/Game played or not (and if it ended in OT)/type of game
Home score/Away score

I figured that type of game, the 1, would be different for preseason, but it isn't. EHM just generates the preseason in its personal time frame.

So, basically, if I added games, it would count them as the start of the regular season. I should have researched this beforehand, but I figured it would have a different value. It does not.

I guess we'll just have to deal with the layoff. We'll continue forward with simming days so that we can catch up to October 1. Sorry for the mishap on my part.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Heh, just before I read this post I was wondering how there would be extra games if the preseason finishes automatically...

Oh well, at least everyone should be affected more or less the same amount.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Everyone had 8 games, no biggie at all and not worth your time!

I'm excited for regular the season to start. 8-)
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

File is uploaded to the 2nd of Oct, FYI everyone.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a note. The Jagr bidding has been updated in the FA forum, but I'll also do it more visibly here. There was a large amount of Jagr bids and the account wasn't checked for a couple days. As a result, it would be very difficult for teams to figure out if they hold the high bid or not. So, we will start the bidding over again and I will make it a point to check the account far more frequently during the day during the new bidding cycle.

Sorry for the inconvenience to those who bid.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”