November 28, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

NYRNYRNYR

November 28, 2022

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Tonight was a long and arduous task. Thankfully for me: no LTIRs. (and for you, I suppose). Buffalo, sorry, not sure what was wrong with your lines in total, but you were D light and I brought up Jiricek for some minutes. Overall not a great game (loss 5-1) but Jiricek was a 7 OA and played ok. Otherwise basically 75%+ of the league played so here's my standard, sorry that happened to you, you're welcome that went so well. I did 80% of the sim with a baby and bottle so if i missed anything else through it all...blame the child! 8-)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: November 28, 2023

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:16 am Buffalo, sorry, not sure what was wrong with your lines in total, but you were D light and I brought up Jiricek for some minutes.
That would be Carlsson injury + Svedberg suspension.

Good job Nicholas but you were a year early on this one, which I presume is why my boys fucked up allowing a late shorthanded goal yet again (at least it was only game-tying instead of game-winning).
NYRNYRNYR

Re: November 28, 2023

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:36 am
NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:16 am Buffalo, sorry, not sure what was wrong with your lines in total, but you were D light and I brought up Jiricek for some minutes.
That would be Carlsson injury + Svedberg suspension.

Good job Nicholas but you were a year early on this one, which I presume is why my boys fucked up allowing a late shorthanded goal yet again (at least it was only game-tying instead of game-winning).
Ahh yes I see the suspension of 6 games in your sim yesterday. Whoopsie. That's ok, buffalo is smartly tanking in a year where it's smart to do that.

Otherwise, hey you and ANA may be west conf oppos so hey, get the reps in now
Bernyhawks

Re: November 28, 2022

Post by Bernyhawks »

We're back baby!
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:16 am Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Tonight was a long and arduous task. Thankfully for me: no LTIRs. (and for you, I suppose). Buffalo, sorry, not sure what was wrong with your lines in total, but you were D light and I brought up Jiricek for some minutes. Overall not a great game (loss 5-1) but Jiricek was a 7 OA and played ok. Otherwise basically 75%+ of the league played so here's my standard, sorry that happened to you, you're welcome that went so well. I did 80% of the sim with a baby and bottle so if i missed anything else through it all...blame the child! 8-)
I saw the injury and suspension of my defenders, but saw Lucas Carlsson in 2 defensive lines. I thought it was fine, because I didn´t see an error-message or something at the line up. But if I'm correct it isn't possible to let a player play in more than 1 lines?
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:33 am
NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:16 am Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

I saw the injury and suspension of my defenders, but saw Lucas Carlsson in 2 defensive lines. I thought it was fine, because I didn´t see an error-message or something at the line up. But if I'm correct it isn't possible to let a player play in more than 1 lines?
Yah when the team doesn't have enough valid, healthy players the editor will put a player on multiple lines, which it can't do. You have to have six unique D dressed, and they can't double shift on the three D lines.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

There is such a parity this season. No shit team in the league at all based on the results so far.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Somehow we are a top 16 team... and despite what the West standings say, gunning for that entirely undeserved third seed.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Dallas Stars GM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:21 am There is such a parity this season. No shit team in the league at all based on the results so far.
There's been some up and down with many teams for sure. I think BUF/PHI will fight hard for Bedard, assuming Gritty sells off some of his vets before then pull off some wins for him :lol: :lol:
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Jon Merrill
1992-2021
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:02 am

Yah when the team doesn't have enough valid, healthy players the editor will put a player on multiple lines, which it can't do. You have to have six unique D dressed, and they can't double shift on the three D lines.
Is it better to play Jiricek for those games or line up an other player and send Jiricek back to the AHL if you look at the development of Jiricek?
Gritty

Post by Gritty »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:39 am
Dallas Stars GM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:21 am There is such a parity this season. No shit team in the league at all based on the results so far.
There's been some up and down with many teams for sure. I think BUF/PHI will fight hard for Bedard, assuming Gritty sells off some of his vets before then pull off some wins for him :lol: :lol:
wow I am coming fresh off a win just to have my hopes and dreams crushed!!
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm
NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:02 am

Is it better to play Jiricek for those games or line up an other player and send Jiricek back to the AHL if you look at the development of Jiricek?
If you can afford to give him minutes (at least top 4), then that's fine, but be careful:
"Entry-level Contract Slide
Beginning in 2020, players on entry-level contracts who play fewer than 10 NHL games in their 18- or 19-year-old seasons (i.e. first and second after being drafted, whether they are in juniors or the AHL) will have their contracts 'slide' for an additional year, as in the NHL."

So if you want him to stay at the cheaper rate while he grows, keep him <10 games.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Gritty wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm
NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:39 am
wow I am coming fresh off a win just to have my hopes and dreams crushed!!
My dream WOULD BE to get one of Bedard/Fantili/Mitchkov, and not to ultimately lose in the playoffs to Dan, OTT, DAL, TBL, PIT etc. like I'm destined to do. :lol: :lol: :lol: I envy you!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:33 am I saw the injury and suspension of my defenders, but saw Lucas Carlsson in 2 defensive lines. I thought it was fine, because I didn´t see an error-message or something at the line up. But if I'm correct it isn't possible to let a player play in more than 1 lines?
GMO can't fix lines for you, or warn when they are broken. It would be nice if it could do so for farm injuries especially, but it's not easy to implement.
SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm Is it better to play Jiricek for those games or line up an other player and send Jiricek back to the AHL if you look at the development of Jiricek?
In addition to what NYR^3 said about contract sliding, IMO, you should not promote prospects until they get to at least 70 STR.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Yeah, he's pretty much ready for some NHL time aside from the low strength. A couple more games wouldn't hurt but I wouldn't give him 8 or 9.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2022-2023 EHEC Regular Season”