Free Agency Freeze In Effect

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Free Agency Freeze In Effect

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Guys, I really hate to do this, but I totally fucked this all up. I have to freeze this entire process until we sim far enough ahead to decide team options and all of the other bullshit.

Not to mention, I'm currently dealing with a run-time error in the file and I'm going to have to re-input everything from tonight. I'm going crazy over here trying to do everything.

So for right now, free agency is FROZEN. Teams have until 1 AM EST tomorrow night/Friday morning to decide on their team options once I get the file up to where it needs to be. After that, I will sim through the rollover and let everything sort itself out and once we get in to August of next season, I will restart free agency.

I apologize again, but this makes the most sense, rather than sorting through every individual team to find the free agent players.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Free Agency Freeze In Effect

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

If any of you ever want to become Commissioner of an EHM league, tonight is one of the nights where I tell you never to do it.

Here's the file. Teams with options are posted in Contract Offers.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

Thanks for your patience.

We will clear through the player options and I will sim and free agency will probably start Friday, when it makes more sense to do so.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Wow, it sucks you had to do all of that...twice. Props for getting it done so quickly.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

You figure out exactly what it was or just throw your arms up? Not much is worse than spending countless hours trying to troubleshoot an error in EHM. To echo WSH, props to Adam on getting through it. I don't think anyone can deny the dedication he displays.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:You figure out exactly what it was or just throw your arms up? Not much is worse than spending countless hours trying to troubleshoot an error in EHM. To echo WSH, props to Adam on getting through it. I don't think anyone can deny the dedication he displays.
this
Most recent file here.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Absolutely. I'm sure everyone is very grateful for all the time and hard work Adam (and the rest of the league brass, for that matter) have invested.

In a more tangible way of saying thank you, I'd like to offer to pay for the hosting costs for the next year. Seems like I've got more money than I know what to do with these days and given my own personal investment in this league, it seems like the least I can do.

Adam, do you have a PayPal account, or should I just mail you a cheque or what?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:You figure out exactly what it was or just throw your arms up? Not much is worse than spending countless hours trying to troubleshoot an error in EHM. To echo WSH, props to Adam on getting through it. I don't think anyone can deny the dedication he displays.
Thanks Nick. Thanks Justin.

Parker, you'll be hearing from me via PM on your exceptionally gracious offer.

Never figured out what it was. I kept being afraid that every time I would advance to the next day, I'd have a problem. Apparently, whatever I did, I did right from the start. I had to put everything from the zipfile that was uploaded on the Downloads page back in and start completely over. I started with the 17th file I had saved here and got the runtime error.

If someone can make a list for me of the guys that POT boosted, I'd appreciate it. I want to see what percentage from this draft boosted so I can maybe gauge it for the future.
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Parker wrote:Absolutely. I'm sure everyone is very grateful for all the time and hard work Adam (and the rest of the league brass, for that matter) have invested.

In a more tangible way of saying thank you, I'd like to offer to pay for the hosting costs for the next year. Seems like I've got more money than I know what to do with these days and given my own personal investment in this league, it seems like the least I can do.

+100

Should we just give Parker the Cup now, or go through the charade for the year?
Femur

Post by Femur »

Bub(NYR) wrote:
Parker wrote:Absolutely. I'm sure everyone is very grateful for all the time and hard work Adam (and the rest of the league brass, for that matter) have invested.

+100

it's overkill anyway...a six pack of Labatt Blue is what Adam is really looking for
Parker

Post by Parker »

Bub(NYR) wrote:+100

Great, now when I actually win everyone will think it was fixed. Thanks Bub. :P
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Femur wrote:it's overkill anyway...a six pack of Labatt Blue is what Adam is really looking for
Shit, for what I've put up with for with the Olympic file, the draft class, and last night, more like an endless supply of 24-packs.
Adam Burke
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Boosters, including overage guys -

CHI - Brian Ward
DAL - Philip Larsen (OA)
DET - Lashoff (OA)
FLA - Archibald, Granberg
LA - Beck
PHX - Alt
SJ - Doherty
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Femur wrote:it's overkill anyway...a six pack of Labatt Blue is what Adam is really looking for
Shit, for what I've put up with for with the Olympic file, the draft class, and last night, more like an endless supply of 24-packs.
I think it's time for you to go grab your wolf pack and hunt the desert for some cocaine and strippers.

Parker

Post by Parker »

Alt and Ekman-Larsson are going to be the new Stevens/Niedermayer. You read it here first. :D
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a note, none of the bids PMed to the Free Agents account during the freeze will be honored. Make sure that if you made a bid, you either delete the PM from your outbox or re-submit a valid offer once the FA bidding opens up again. I've yet to decide what time I will open it on Friday, but you can assume it will be in the early evening.

Bids currently in place will be honored (except the Kozlov bid). The time limit will be reset to a full 12 hours. So the current leading bid when the freeze is lifted will have to last for 12 full hours.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I had William Wrenn boost too. Too bad, neither him nor Doherty are going to be any good anyways, but hopefully I prevented someone else's prospect from boosting. :twisted:
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

SharksGM wrote:I had William Wrenn boost too. Too bad, neither him nor Doherty are going to be any good anyways, but hopefully I prevented someone else's prospect from boosting. :twisted:
hahahahaahah :lol: GOOD JOB SAN JOSE !! PROPS :D
Parker

Post by Parker »

SharksGM wrote:I had William Wrenn boost too. Too bad, neither him nor Doherty are going to be any good anyways, but hopefully I prevented someone else's prospect from boosting. :twisted:
Hehe. I don't think there's a set number of boosts given out each season. I'm pretty sure each boost is random chance modified by how high the player's CON is and how low his current POT is. Still though, nice evil thought. :D
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a quick note guys. If you have an impending UFA and bids have already been made on him, you cannot trade his rights. It's not like you haven't had plenty of time.

Like I said, we are going to honor bids made before the freeze. It's a freeze, not restarting the process from the first post.
Adam Burke
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Set up an EHEC fund, I'm down to donate! Haha
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I respectfully declined Parker's offer.
Adam Burke
St.Louis Blues

Post by St.Louis Blues »

Yo I've got no problem sending money for hosting costs either.
Least I can do...
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bidding on Demitra and Gratton will not be allowed until the trade ruling is made and, if accepted, the teams make their offers.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

About to sim now.

Free agency will begin again tomorrow, July 23 at 8 pm EST. Remember that bids existing before the freeze will be honored. All leading bids will be on a 12-hour window that would hypothetically expire at 8 am EST if the bid stands up.

NO BIDS CAN BE MADE PRIOR TO 8 PM EST TOMORROW (today for the Newfies and east coasters).
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Happy August 29th EHEC GMs! With that, our first season is officially completed.

The savefile almost fits on a 3.5" floppy disk now.

Enjoy. Remember, FA begins at 8 PM EST!
Adam Burke
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Great job, Adam. Let the new season begin!
Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitri Kalinin has excersised his option on his contract and will play another year under the current contract.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Happy August 29th EHEC GMs! With that, our first season is officially completed.

The savefile almost fits on a 3.5" floppy disk now.

Enjoy. Remember, FA begins at 8 PM EST!
What a fantastic first season, guys. Props to you Adam, and the other admins for herding us cats through the gates time and again.

I know I remember floppy disks, but what about the teenagers among us? :P
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

Yup, good job guys on the first season, it was successfull !

I'm ready for the 2010-2011 season, Nashville's going big or going HOME.

8-)

PS: of course I remember the floppy's, I hated them so much...
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Break out the champagne!
NashvilleGM wrote:I'm ready for the 2010-2011 season, Nashville's going big or going HOME.
Sounds like you're going home, son. Daaaamn.

On the other hand, like half of my fucking team showed up out of shape to camp and only Heatley and some other chumps were in shape. WTF.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I just wanted to let everyone know that I respectfully declined Parker's offer.
League brass had some questions regarding the issue of the possibility of perception of favortism if my offer had been accepted, and the best solution seemed to just nix the whole idea. League parity and confidence in the commissioner's office are of the utmost importance.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a heads up that something odd has been corrected in the file and that Mark Eaton and Kevin Nastiuk are now listed as UFAs. Thanks to Tim for the heads up.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Quick note about bids.

One PM per player. Title the PM with the player's name. The problem with putting them all in one is that whichever one of us is checking it might be bidding on or have already bid on a player in that PM. That's a definite conflict of interest and one that can't be avoided because we didn't know that player was in the PM.

So if you bid on 3 players, send 3 individual PMs with that player's name as the title. This is very important.
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:Break out the champagne!
NashvilleGM wrote:I'm ready for the 2010-2011 season, Nashville's going big or going HOME.
Sounds like you're going home, son. Daaaamn.

On the other hand, like half of my fucking team showed up out of shape to camp and only Heatley and some other chumps were in shape. WTF.
:lol: For me, Tyler Arnason showed up to camp out of shape. Someone had to go to the front door and tell him he hadn't been re-signed.

Also, regarding free agency. Did I see somewhere that we're limited to the number of years you can offer a player "of a certain age"? (To keep someone from offering a 39-year-old a six-year contract just to top everyone else. Or is that legit?) Maybe that was just a discussion and not a change. Just wanting clarification before we start the Frenzy.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Also, regarding free agency. Did I see somewhere that we're limited to the number of years you can offer a player "of a certain age"? (To keep someone from offering a 39-year-old a six-year contract just to top everyone else. Or is that legit?) Maybe that was just a discussion and not a change. Just wanting clarification before we start the Frenzy.
Well, guys automatically retire at 42 in this league. The contract would count against the cap if the player retires. I'll tell you right now that until we find a way to compensate for the disgustingly low contracts that the 30% rule has produced, we're looking at lowering the cap again next year. I'd keep that in mind.

There's nothing in place to prevent what you're talking about, but it sure doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. At least not in my humble, yet always correct, opinion.
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:There's nothing in place to prevent what you're talking about, but it sure doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. At least not in my humble, yet always correct, opinion.
As usual, your wisdom prevails, Obi-wan. :P

Agreed with all the above, but just wanted to check on it.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I changed all the statuses of the retiring players. It won't be a factor in FA bidding.

Remember, however, that if you sign a guy over 38, he will be subject to our judging criteria.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Free agency is now open again. Please review the FA bidding process and make sure all PMs are sent to the Free Agents account.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”