GM Office

Moderator: SharksGM

MartyFromOTTAWA

Re: GM Office

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

"[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /homepages/40/d297809242/htdocs/ehec/display_edit_farm_lines.php on line 55: file() [function.file]: Filename cannot be empty"

That is said when i submit AHL lines, which are OK though...
Any issue with it?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I'm sure Dan will take a look at it when he is online next.
Most recent file here.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Every time I submit my AHL lines, I get an error message but I can still press ok and they go through....
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

TorontoGM wrote:Every time I submit my AHL lines, I get an error message but I can still press ok and they go through....
Me too.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Nothing to worry about, that line was an unused variable.

I was wondering if you could set AHL line tactics manually by editing the last two lines of the .lns file, but sadly it looks like the game just ignores them and uses pro tactics anyway.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Does this mean that the AHL line tactics mimic whatever tactics you choose for your NHL lines?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Singin the BLUES wrote:Does this mean that the AHL line tactics mimic whatever tactics you choose for your NHL lines?
That's what I've always believed. That, or some default "AHL strategy" .
Most recent file here.
Singin the BLUES

I havent realllllly paid much attention to that stuff, but it would be good to know....Vik? Do you know what it does for AHL tactics?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Singin the BLUES wrote:I havent realllllly paid much attention to that stuff, but it would be good to know....Vik? Do you know what it does for AHL tactics?
If it bothers with any tactics, I'd assume it's your pro tactics. Really have no way of knowing for sure though. I imagine it's something that was going to be addressed eventually that never did.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I think Riz (EHM creator) admitted that the AHL game module wasn't that robust, as you can see (there are no AHL tactics, there are way too many shutouts in the AHL, penalty minutes are bizarre, etc). But at least it's better than the International Games module.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I fixed a fresh new bug in the GM office roster management page, which only would have showed up if you download the players.ehm file between sims. Simmers, let me know if you notice anything off with the players.ehm file. It shouldn't have any more strange newline characters.

The pro lines page now has the 30sec 1st line limit, and the AHL lines page now lets you put players in their alternate positions. As usual report bugs etc.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

SharksGM wrote:I fixed a fresh new bug in the GM office roster management page, which only would have showed up if you download the players.ehm file between sims. Simmers, let me know if you notice anything off with the players.ehm file. It shouldn't have any more strange newline characters.

The pro lines page now has the 30sec 1st line limit, and the AHL lines page now lets you put players in their alternate positions. As usual report bugs etc.
AHL special teams
We should be able to play forwards anywhere on the PP.
We only have RW/LW available on the PK.
Singin the BLUES

Julien, we have the same thing for PK in NHL lines........remember, RW is the C, he takes the faceoffs.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:AHL special teams
We should be able to play forwards anywhere on the PP.
We only have RW/LW available on the PK.
Good point... it's fixed.
Singin the BLUES wrote:Julien, we have the same thing for PK in NHL lines........remember, RW is the C, he takes the faceoffs.
He meant in the dropdown.
MartyFromOTTAWA

I've still problems with GMO.

I'm not able to manage Training or Coaching Staff...
Commish Bub(NYR)

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:I've still problems with GMO.

So you can't make any changes? Is everything visible on those GMO pages?
MartyFromOTTAWA

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:

Yes it is. It says "OK" and GMO makes the changes but everytime i DL the new GF, changes are actually not done...
How weird that is, eh? :)
Commish Bub(NYR)

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:

Yes it is. It says "OK" and GMO makes the changes but everytime i DL the new GF, changes are actually not done...
The changes will not show up in the game file (the zip file, you mean?) until the new sim. Changes made through GMO go into the files on the ftp site, that are read by GMO and other pages (Schedule, Standings, League Leaders), but won't show up in the game file until the next download is available (ie, after tonight's sim).
MartyFromOTTAWA

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:

The changes will not show up in the game file (the zip file, you mean?) until the new sim. Changes made through GMO go into the files on the ftp site, that are read by GMO and other pages (Schedule, Standings, League Leaders), but won't show up in the game file until the next download is available (ie, after tonight's sim).
Yah of course :D

I've just made some changes (again); Let's see if they're gonna be done for tonight's sim.
Commish Bub(NYR)

If your changes don't show up in the file tonight, PM me afterwards. Same goes for the rest of youse guys.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:"[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /homepages/40/d297809242/htdocs/ehec/display_edit_farm_lines.php on line 55: file() [function.file]: Filename cannot be empty"

That is said when i submit AHL lines, which are OK though...
Any issue with it?
No, there is no issue with this. I'll remove it when I do the next update.
I've just made some changes (again); Let's see if they're gonna be done for tonight's sim.
If your changes took, they will be immediately visible on your depth chart page. If you just changed your tactics, you will be able to see them if you go to your GM office line change page.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Is that you, Q?

MartyFromOTTAWA

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:If your changes don't show up in the file tonight, PM me afterwards. Same goes for the rest of youse guys.
Seems ok.
But sometimes i use GMO with my smart phone. Would that be an explanation to the problems i have met before?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Couple things I've noticed with training...

For the staff, the listed categories are Attack, Defense, Goalie, Physical, On-Ice, Special Teams, and Personal Training. In EHM they're Rest, Attack, Defense, Goalie, Physic, Powerplay, Shorthanded, and General on-ice. And it does seem to be a problem because I can't seem to get anyone doing my PK training.

And for the training resources %, there's no option for 0% (which the game allows) but there is for 100% (which the game doesn't). Also, GM Office only allows percentages divisible by 10 when the game lets you do any whole number from 0-90%.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:Couple things I've noticed with training...

For the staff, the listed categories are Attack, Defense, Goalie, Physical, On-Ice, Special Teams, and Personal Training. In EHM they're Rest, Attack, Defense, Goalie, Physic, Powerplay, Shorthanded, and General on-ice. And it does seem to be a problem because I can't seem to get anyone doing my PK training.

And for the training resources %, there's no option for 0% (which the game allows) but there is for 100% (which the game doesn't). Also, GM Office only allows percentages divisible by 10 when the game lets you do any whole number from 0-90%.
In lieu of Dr. Quinn taking a look at this, pm or email me your desired training settings; I'll input them myself.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'll look at training later, but I'll have to take a bit of time to make sure the page doesn't let you do anything that would crash EHM.

In the meantime, Pat, I assume you want the HNG/NZT <= 50 sec rule in the edit lines page, right?

Also, it's worth nothing that the AHL lines page doesn't do any error checking at all. I'll fix that later.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:I'll look at training later, but I'll have to take a bit of time to make sure the page doesn't let you do anything that would crash EHM.

In the meantime, Pat, I assume you want the HNG/NZT <= 50 sec rule in the edit lines page, right?
Yes.
Singin the BLUES

Gm Office is looking very very good, but i was wondering about adding one more thing. Career stats for each player. The only reason i say that is because of players going on waivers and IF they are claimable. You know, the 30 games or whatever it is in the NHL before they can be claimed.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

When I submit lines, the top of the page says they've been submitted, but it displays the lines inputted from the last sim.

Is this normal?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Bruins_GM wrote:When I submit lines, the top of the page says they've been submitted, but it displays the lines inputted from the last sim.

Is this normal?
Click OK, beside where it says where they have been submitted. GM Office displays your old lines on the initial page where it says they have been in putted successfully.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Even without clicking OK, the lines still have gone through. They just don't update on the page until you click the OK button.
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

I feel the need to add that this GM office thing is great!
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Now I know this is my own damn fault, but would there be any obvious way to integrate a notification at the top of say, the lines page that indicates if a player is back to being roster eligible, something that draws from ehm's news page or something? I mean, if I go to edit the lines he's there... maybe I'm just negligent.

(My apologies to Miami Weiss, who's been healthy for at least two weeks and I completely forgot about him.)
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Back to basics. Gotta show that old game some love and open it up once in a while!
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Having ur IR displayed would be nice, but we are at the mercy of Mr. Q.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I started adding an injured/suspended list to the lines page yesterday. It should be ready by tomorrow but it needs some more testing (mostly because it's also going to check if farm lines are valid). I'm also not sure exactly what the cutoff in the file is for a guy who is DTD.

As for a notification, when someone comes off IR, there really isn't an easy way to do that. Best I could do is list who the healthy scratches are.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Here are new pages for editing pro lines:

http://www.ehechockey.com/editlines2.php?teamid=25

and AHL lines:

http://www.ehechockey.com/editlines2.ph ... d=25&ahl=1

Replace teamid=25 with whatever your team's ID is to edit your lineup. Give it a try and let me know if there are any issues. If not, I'll update the links in GMO to point to these pages.

The pro page will list all injuries and suspensions. It will not let you put injured players in the lineup until the day before EHM switches them from 1 week to day-to-day. Then it will give you a warning that they're just about to go day-to-day (Julien, Sheahan and someone else on your roster are at this point), and you can put them back in the lines if you want - but keep in mind there's no way of knowing what condition they'll be in the next day until the simmer advances to game day.

Keep in mind these will actually edit your lines; I'm just keeping the new code separate from the existing GMO until it's verified bug-free.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Pretty cool, Dan.

Haven't taken the time to look in detail yet; it lists Pacioretty and Chipchura as "suspended for 505 days" for me, probably b/c they were just traded and are "waiting to join their new team." At least, I hope so... :lol:
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Sigh... of course EHM would use the # of suspended games field for something completely unrelated to suspensions as well.

I guess this means you can't suspend anyone for more than 500 games?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Good work, Dan.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:I guess this means you can't suspend anyone for more than 500 games?
We'll go full Orwell and erase him from the file.
Josh-EDM

Post by Josh-EDM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:I guess this means you can't suspend anyone for more than 500 games?
We'll go full Orwell and erase him from the file.
Like a stick hitting someone right in the face. EHEC is peace. Free Agency is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Banish him.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

The new lines pages are live, so report any bugs here.
MartyFromOTTAWA

SharksGM wrote:Here are new pages for editing pro lines:

http://www.ehechockey.com/editlines2.php?teamid=25

and AHL lines:

http://www.ehechockey.com/editlines2.ph ... d=25&ahl=1

Replace teamid=25 with whatever your team's ID is to edit your lineup. Give it a try and let me know if there are any issues. If not, I'll update the links in GMO to point to these pages.
Which is...?
Commish Bub(NYR)

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:Which is...?
ANA 1
CBJ 2
BOS 3
BUF 4
CGY 5
CAR 6
CHI 7
COL 8
WPG 9
DAL 10
DET 11
EDM 12
FLA 13
LA 14
MIN 15
MTL 16
NYI 17
NYR 18
NAS 19
NJ 20
OTT 21
PHI 22
ARZ 23
PIT 24
SJ 25
STL 26
TB 27
TOR 28
VAN 29
WSH 30
MartyFromOTTAWA

Thx Bub
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Just go through the regular GMO links, you don't have to enter the URL manually now that the page is live.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Just a small question guys . . .

Wouldn't it be quite useful if there would be a "use computer lines" option, at least for the AHL lines?
It would save a lot of time for some GMs who don't dedicate so much time to AHL in general and it might help the people, who make the save file ........ huh?
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

You can just email lines@ehechockey.com (or commissioner@ehechockey? I think they go to the same inbox) and say you want auto lines.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:You can just email lines@ehechockey.com (or commissioner@ehechockey? I think they go to the same inbox) and say you want auto lines.
This. Since that email is (or should be) checked by the simmer each night. That is also the place to request extra practices, and send zipped files of game-generated lines if GMO is ever not working.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”