December 14, 2010

BSBullies

December 14, 2010

Post by BSBullies »

PHI 6 - PIT 2
Shots: 30-26 PHI
PP: PHI - 1/7; PIT - 2/4

10:36 1-0 PHI Claude Giroux [3] (Krys Kolanos)
16:31 1-1 PIT David Perron [8] (Anze Kopitar, Jarome Iginla)PP
------------------------------------------------------------
24:38 2-1 PHI Krys Kolanos [1] (Claude Giroux, Daniel Brière)
33:31 3-1 PHI Andreas Nödl [6] (Jeff Carter, Daniel Brière)
37:09 3-2 PIT David Perron [9] (Jarome Iginla, Kris Letang)PP
40:48 4-2 PHI Jeff Carter [18] (Wade Redden, Daniel Brière)PP
45:23 5-2 PHI Steve Ott [4] (Sean Avery, Ryan Parent)
46:25 6-2 PHI Scott Hartnell [12] (Ian Laperriere, Chris Pronger)

Three stars:
1st: Claude Giroux
2nd: Daniel Briere
3rd: Krys Kolanos

Farm result: Adirondack 1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 2

EDM 4 - TOR 2
Shots: 38-18 EDM
PP: EDM - 0/4; TOR - 0/3

09:38 1-0 EDM Jean-François Jacques [2] (Shawn Horcoff, Ladislav Smid)SH
11:32 2-0 EDM Patrik Elias [10] (Tom Gilbert, Andrew Cogliano)
18:25 2-1 TOR Martin Havlat [7] (Tim Brent, Cody Franson)
22:52 3-1 EDM Ales Hemsky [11] (Patrik Elias, Andrew Cogliano)
25:05 4-1 EDM Mikael Samuelsson [5] (Zack Stortini, Ethan Moreau)
47:24 4-2 TOR Alexander Semin [12] (Martin Havlat, Ian White)

Three stars:
1st: Patrik Elias
2nd: Andrew Cogliano
3rd: Ethan Moreau

Farm result: Oklahoma City 2 - Toronto 1
BSBullies

Re: December 14, 2010

Post by BSBullies »

A few lineup adjustments cash in big time for Philly and the Oilers soundly beat Toronto in a cross Canada matchup. http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip documents the continued goose egg for Hall.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Even getting top 6 forward minutes isn't doing anything for him....

Gordon Strate didn't get a single point in 61 career NHL games.....I don't think there's even a chance that Hall breaks that record.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

TorontoGM wrote:Even getting top 6 forward minutes isn't doing anything for him....

Gordon Strate didn't get a single point in 61 career NHL games.....I don't think there's even a chance that Hall breaks that record.
He's a bust.

Trade him to Washington.
FlamesGM

Post by FlamesGM »

He'll come around....... right? *sigh* I've never seen anything like this. He's kind of looking like Yashin from last season for me. But I can expect Yashin to disappear for 30 games... a first round pick though?
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I was expecting a beat down any time soon, but not a can of woopass!
gg Ryan.
Parker

Post by Parker »

FlamesGM wrote:He'll come around....... right? *sigh* I've never seen anything like this. He's kind of looking like Yashin from last season for me. But I can expect Yashin to disappear for 30 games... a first round pick though?
No kidding. Even Vladislav "32DF!" Kartayev put up 7 points in 9 games...

Hey Toronto, Hall for Kartayev? :D

Also, Yashin WAS a first round pick. So was Jason Bonsignore. :P
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

1) Hall isn't ready for the NHL
2) He's playing on a 3rd line with Passing Plays
3) His linemates are Viktor Kozlov and Kenny Ryan
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Penguin wrote:1) Hall isn't ready for the NHL
Bingo.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Hall is rated about the same as McFarland now and it took McFarland exactly one shot to get his first goal. Granted I'm not expecting more than a ~20 point pace or 1 point / 4 games out of McFarland, but 0 in 32 is pretty ridiculous.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Hall's on the second line and he's a lot more NHL ready (offensively rated) than many other young forwards.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Ummm he's been there for one game, before that he was on the first and second lines filling holes because of injuries. And Kenny Ryan is developing quite nicely if you ask me.

I do admit he was on the bottom lines for awhile.
Montreal Canadiens

SharksGM wrote:Hall is rated about the same as McFarland now and it took McFarland exactly one shot to get his first goal. Granted I'm not expecting more than a ~20 point pace or 1 point / 4 games out of McFarland, but 0 in 32 is pretty ridiculous.
True, I mean Marcel Goc has got a couple points this year, and Chipchura as well.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Yeah. Ryan Stone is also rated way lower than Hall (other than hitting and strength) and he already has six points playing on a line with offensive sparkplugs Jim Vandermeer and Georges Laraque. :D
Montreal Canadiens

TorontoGM wrote:

Ummm he's been there for one game, before that he was on the first and second lines filling holes because of injuries. And Kenny Ryan is developing quite nicely if you ask me.

I do admit he was on the bottom lines for awhile.
What it boils down to is he's still not NHL ready. A 70/64/70 forward shouldn't be on your NHL roster, also with only 57 strength. With those ratings and the fact he averages around 10 minutes agame, I'm not surprsied he's pointless. For him to have a chance to succeed you'd have to pair him with your most offensively gifted players. At his ratings, he's not going to be the one making the plays, people like Semin and/or Turris on your team could potentially feed him for easy goals, or get him cheap 2nd assists. He's not going to dangle in and feed Kenny Ryan for a goal, or snipe one home himself.

Playing him on the 3rd line with 40 seconds isn't helping him, or your team. He needs to be either demoted, or promoted to the top line.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:A 70/64/70 forward shouldn't be on your NHL roster, also with only 57 strength.
Mikkel Boedker entered the league with pretty similar ratings and he averaged almost a point per game in his first season on a line with Matt Lombardi and Martin Havlat/Lauri Korpikoski. Those ratings aren't too low for the NHL.
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Playing him on the 3rd line with 40 seconds isn't helping him, or your team. He needs to be either demoted, or promoted to the top line.
This I do agree with, with one caveat: if his endurance is below 65, it's a bad idea to give him top line ice time as he'll be exhausted for pretty much the entire second half of the game.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I had a similar issue with Anisimov last year -- he had, iirc, 1g 1a in 6 games until I sent him down for almost two months. He developed A LOT in that time and afterwards was a point-a-game player for the Rangers the rest of the year.

Still, it's surprising Hall hasn't at least picked up an assist somewhere along the way.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Hall's also not getting any PP time. If he was getting PP time, he'd have some points more than likely. Problem with your roster is that you can't really hide his defensive liability because you don't have very many defensively responsible forwards.

Play around with it. Put him with Turris and Semin. I don't think you're making up a 13 point gap for the playoffs anyway. ;)
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Post by Parker »

Honestly, since the playoffs aren't really a possibility this season anyway, why not just play him on the farm? He will definitely develop faster there.
Montreal Canadiens

Parker wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:A 70/64/70 forward shouldn't be on your NHL roster, also with only 57 strength.
Mikkel Boedker entered the league with pretty similar ratings and he averaged almost a point per game in his first season on a line with Matt Lombardi and Martin Havlat/Lauri Korpikoski. Those ratings aren't too low for the NHL.
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Playing him on the 3rd line with 40 seconds isn't helping him, or your team. He needs to be either demoted, or promoted to the top line.
This I do agree with, with one caveat: if his endurance is below 65, it's a bad idea to give him top line ice time as he'll be exhausted for pretty much the entire second half of the game.
Lombardi and Havlat are certainly better options than Kenny Ryan and Viktor Kozlov who are offensively challenged themselves.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

He WAS on the first line, and managed to produce nothing. I could care less if he scores, as long as he's developing. Hagman is finally back from injury, SO I will send him to the farm.

Reminds me of my bottom feeding Red Wings in the BHL, I had a goalie go almost 30 starts without a win.

Return to “2010-2011 EHEC Regular Season”