Tying Up Loose Ends

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Tying Up Loose Ends

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

First off: File uploaded: http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

Second, I got a resignation from Ottawa today. With that, we have three teams available: Detroit, NY Islanders, and Ottawa. If you know anybody who would be interested, please have them apply. They can get the application through the main page. I'd really like to get back to full capacity. I spent a lot of time chasing guys down to come back, and I'd like to be full. Also, thank you to all of you. The long offseason was of concern, but I am thrilled to see most of you back and active. It really speaks to the character of the group that we have here.

Third, I will be calculating cap numbers tomorrow. Remember, we are adamant about the salary cap this year. No bullshit. If you're over, I'll let you know. If you're under, I'll let you know. But the penalties will be enforced this season.

Fourth, make sure that your rosters are trimmed to a maximum of 23 skaters. The season begins on Thursday. Please have all of your duties taken care of.

Fifth, Ryan and I are going to be trying to determine our new financial policy once we get back in to the easier day-to-day simulation tasks. I apologize that we've been dragging our feet on this. I've been going through some difficult times lately and haven't exactly been the most approachable or reachable person. So things aren't moving as quickly as they should be. I'll be taking care of my issues and getting back in to EHEC the way I should be. (that said, to TB/LA, we'll be looking at your trade tomorrow; I forgot about it tonight)

Sixth, the sim schedule will remain the same as last year. I get M, Th, Sat; Ryan gets W, F, Sun; Nick gets Tuesday. Make sure that if you need to send any PMs, the right party gets them. Sometimes the schedule will vary. I suggest including instructions in emails as well just in case.

Seventh, KEEP THE STARTING LINES THREAD UPDATED. Occasionally, there are problems with the .lns files. We like to be able to double check lines using the thread just to make sure, especially if the .lns files don't work.

I'm sure I'll think of something else to add to this post. But for now, be aware of all of these things. I'll be doing the cap numbers tomorrow afternoon. They have to be taken care of.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Tying Up Loose Ends

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just a quick note. I am going to be making an individual thread for each team in the Team Financials forum. I'm separating into two sub-forums and then going East/West. We will use these threads as transaction logs as well so that we can keep track of financials as trades/waivers are made.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I've got to run out now. I'll finish the last handful of Western Conference teams tonight.

I'm taking quite a bit of time on this, so I expect you guys to respect the rules and take care of business with your financials.
Adam Burke
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip is now up to the 6th, hopefully I got everyone's stuff in there so double check. Get those lines/instructions in!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Those of you with salary cap issues have until October 13's sim to take care of business. One week from when I posted the numbers. After that, penalties will start.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Aren't there teams over the cap, like, right now?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:Aren't there teams over the cap, like, right now?
Who's over?
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Who's over?
My bad, I ignored the Chara injury and Gionta trade. I'm done narcing now.

Return to “League Memos”