April 24, 2024

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

April 24, 2024

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Game 7! Who doesn't love it? I mean, aside from the various involved people who are anxious about losing... and also the people who have to work the next morning... and people who don't care about the sport...

Anyway, game 7!

We begin down in California, even though it's a Wednesday night, so that game probably was the last to start. Tarasenko kicks things off with a goal four and a half minutes into the first, then White and Kopitar extend the lead to 3-0 on the second. At which point, given precedent, one would expect Dallas to storm back to win 4-3.
Sadly for the Stars, McCoshen and Zibanejad make it 5-0 less than five minutes into the third. Daniel Sprong gets one back near the end, but it's not even close to enough.
(as an aside, the Stars had three boarding penalties, two of which were majors o.O )

The next game took place up in Minnesota, where both teams lost.
Dubé and Necas exchanged first period goals in what was clearly an even game. Hischier gave the Wild the lead halfway through the game, then makes it 3-1 early in the third.
Then, Ryan Pilon decides that a two goal lead is too big, that a long power play should help even things up. But who to target? Oh! How about their best player? So Pilon *indefinitely* injures Taylor fucking ~~Swift~~ Hall, earning himself a 25 game suspension. Victor "oh man" Ohman gets one back on the powerplay, but that's all she wrote for the Kings.

Finally, down to Nashville, where Brock Boeser made it 1-0 less than a minute in. Bogosian makes it 2-0 halfway through the period, then Seguin pots the third.
With Juolevi scoring a few minutes later, surely this is another comeback game? But no, Seguin and Stenlund score a minute apart to make it 5-1. Dustin Brown gets one back, but Gauthier ices it for a 6-2 final.

And on we go!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: April 24, 2024

Post by SharksGM »

In case you missed the discussion in the Discord:

Due to an oversight on my part, LA-MIN was incorrectly played at home in MIN whereas it should have been in LA (in fact, home ice was swapped for games 5 and 6 too, but that's less problematic). Thanks to the way EHM creates schedules, not only was standings editing required to get the right team matchups, but schedule editing was necessary for that series too because EHM consider MIN a division winner (MIN is actually still in the Northwest Division in-game as I don't know how to change that), and so there was no way to automatically give LA home ice. I remembered to edit the schedule for games 1-4 so LA started at home but forgot to update it for the subsequent games, since EHM does not add them to the schedule until they're necessary.

So the end result is that MIN had home ice in game 7 when they shouldn't have. Our policy is not to re-sim unless there is an egregious error. Given EHM's home-ice bias, swapping rinks for game 7 is rather serious. We have discussed our options and are considering either doing a re-sim of the night (with the other two games having the same winners, since they were unaffected), or re-simming just that game and attempting to edit it into the save. The latter option is really quite difficult - there are lots of files to change including the statistics, and I have no tools to do that for obvious reasons. So we will probably opt for the former option later today.

My apologies to Hugo and Zaq for not noticing the schedule issue earlier.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Game 7! Who doesn't love it? I mean, aside from the various involved people who are anxious about losing... and also the people who have to work the next morning... and people who don't care about the sport...

Anyway, game 7!
The good news, at least for me, is that I got San Jose and Nashville wins first try and there were no injuries.

Quick summary:
-The Sharks won 4-3 in overtime on a Tarasenko goal
-Alexis Lafreniere's 4pts led the Wild to a 5-1 win and Taylor Hall didn't get injured
-All four goals in Nashville's 3-1 win came in the third period.
DetroitGM wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am
And on we go!
Wiild

Post by Wiild »

Altogether happier with this schism in reality, tbh. May Taylor Allison Hall thrive in perpetuity.

Also: We wonnnnnn! Nothing can stop us now! Except our second round draw, inevitably.
Habs caretaker

Post by Habs caretaker »

SharksGM wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:05 pm (MIN is actually still in the Northwest Division in-game as I don't know how to change that)
Swapping team numbers for all their players and a swap in config.ehm would do it. Looks like that's been done with some teams in the past (CBJ, WPG etc), although it is a LOT of work.

Return to “2023-24 EHEC Playoffs”