April 18, 2024

Moderator: SharksGM

PanthersGM

April 18, 2024

Post by PanthersGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

After San Jose opens the scoring in the first, the Stars respond with a first period goal of their own; Dallas then provides two more goals in the second to take a 3-1 lead heading into the last 20. Unfortunately for the Stars they succumb to the "most dangerous lead in hockey", as the Sharks score twice in the third to tie the game before Radek Faksa pots his league leading 4th playoff goal to seal the victory for the Sharks and tie the series at 2 wins apiece.

Over in Anaheim the Ducks score 3 unanswered to start the game, but less than two minutes after going down 3-0 Chicago responds with a goal, following it up with a second goal just over two minutes later. Alas, that was as close as the Blackhawks would get; they give up 3 more goals in the third and take a 6-3 loss, which gives the 7th seed Ducks a surprising 3-1 series lead and leaves Chicago on the brink of elimination.

The Wild and Kings keep things tight through the first two periods, scoring 5 total goals as Minny enters the third with a 1 goal lead. Then just short of the 49 minute mark, disaster strikes; Riley Tufte elects to try and remove the soul of Dominik Bokk in the middle of the ice. The end result: Bokk is out for 7 months, and Tufte picks up a 25 game suspension, ending his playoffs. Incredibly, LA not only kills off the major without conceding a goal, but manages to score a shorty as well. It wouldn't be enough however, as Minny would step on the gas to end the third and put the game out of reach, 6-3. The Wild lead the series 3-1.

Finally, things stay rather competitive in St. Louis. The Blues end the first with a 1-0 lead courtesy of Owen Beck; Dustin Brown extends the lead to 2 halfway through the second, but Nashville comes pushing back and ties the game going into the third. After Olli Juolevi and Zach Bogosian trade scores in the third the game heads to overtime, where Rieger Lorenz scores his first career goal to deliver victory to the Preds and tie the series up 2-2.
Last edited by PanthersGM on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas Stars GM

Re: April 18, 2024

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Now it's gettin' serious. Let's do it.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Martin making me test sim harder than I've ever test simmed...

Anyway, given the utter shitshow that my stats page is right now, where my "fourth" line has as many points (11) as every other forward combined, I'll take the 2-2 split.
PanthersGM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 amThen just short of the 49 minute mark, disaster strikes; Riley Tufte elects to try and remove the soul of Dominik Bokk in the middle of the ice. The end result: Bokk is out for 7 months, and Tufte picks up a 25 game suspension, ending his playoffs. Incredibly, LA not only kills off the major without conceding a goal, but manages to score a shorty as well.
"That's EHM!" (sung to the tune of "That's XCOM!")
Wiild

Post by Wiild »

25 games seems lenient for soultaking... suppose it's 'attempted' soultaking...

Return to “2023-24 EHEC Playoffs”