November 7, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

NYRNYRNYR

November 7, 2022

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

LoTs of GaMeS and LoTs of ReSuLtS. Sorry and congrats as appropriate.
SabresGM

Re: November 7, 2022

Post by SabresGM »

Another win for the Sabres. What is happening here?
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

I've some questions about last nights games, maybe someone could answer them.

I've noticed Tommy Sestito has scored for me farmer team, but how is this possible? Because he wasn't in the line up.
Why is he signed with 2 other bad players? Did I miss a lot of injuries or something? I didn't change my line up this season, but 7 players has stopped after 9 games and 7 other players (with those 3 bad players) has played the last 2 games.
The same with my goalie: my first goalie of my farm team has played 9 games and now suddenly my second goalie is playing.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:46 am I've some questions about last nights games, maybe someone could answer them.

I've noticed Tommy Sestito has scored for me farmer team, but how is this possible? Because he wasn't in the line up.
Why is he signed with 2 other bad players? Did I miss a lot of injuries or something? I didn't change my line up this season, but 7 players has stopped after 9 games and 7 other players (with those 3 bad players) has played the last 2 games.
The same with my goalie: my first goalie of my farm team has played 9 games and now suddenly my second goalie is playing.
While I can't say EXACTLY, I would note that if there is an error in your lineup (injured players, etc) simmers do the best they can to try and replicate the original intended lineup, but sometimes that's hard. Especially in the AHL where it's a lot harder to know an exact mindset. Goalies, double check the rules, but there's a max number of games a goalie can start, including in the AHL.
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Thanks for your explanation. It could be it, but it stays strange the line up changes are for 7 players and all of them for 2 games now.

Is it possible to see when players are unavailable for their next game? Can I do this at roster management or do I get a message at the line up pages with ‘this line up is unavailable’ or something?
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:44 pm Thanks for your explanation. It could be it, but it stays strange the line up changes are for 7 players and all of them for 2 games now.

Is it possible to see when players are unavailable for their next game? Can I do this at roster management or do I get a message at the line up pages with ‘this line up is unavailable’ or something?
Here is an example from my NHL GM Office: Image

You can see Kassian and Backes are hurt. It is in the same spot for your AHL roster. If that area is blank, there's no issues there. If a player is day-to-day you can play them, the simmer will activate all DtD injuries.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:46 am I've some questions about last nights games, maybe someone could answer them.

I have a suspicion that the simmer that day missed the fact that Ylonen was day-to-day and didn't reactivate him. It happens, there's a lot of stuff in a sim and we're all volunteering our time (usually late at night), but I know it can be frustrating, so... sorry 🙃
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

DetroitGM wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:49 pm I have a suspicion that the simmer that day missed the fact that Ylonen was day-to-day and didn't reactivate him. It happens, there's a lot of stuff in a sim and we're all volunteering our time (usually late at night), but I know it can be frustrating, so... sorry 🙃
Ahhh good find - if this is on me Pierre I apologize. Everything Kevin said is 100% correct, and sometimes I'm the worst culprit of sim-mistakes. I wish there was more than a 'sorry' I could provide. I can promise that I do care about the gig, and I take it seriously since I know while this is just a fun game for everyone, we do devote free time to it, and I always strive to not make anyone feel it was wasted.
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:59 pm
SabresGM wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:44 pm Thanks for your explanation. It could be it, but it stays strange the line up changes are for 7 players and all of them for 2 games now.

Here is an example from my NHL GM Office: Image

You can see Kassian and Backes are hurt. It is in the same spot for your AHL roster. If that area is blank, there's no issues there. If a player is day-to-day you can play them, the simmer will activate all DtD injuries.
Thanks. I didn’t have injuries at the moment, so don’t see those messages. I know now where to check.
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Thanks for the apologizes, but it’s not necessary. I was worrying for a bug in the game and I m glad that’s not the case. Like you said, it’s a game with volunteers and it’s only a game, so no worries. Everyone makes “mistakes”, although I don’t want to name this a mistake.

Return to “2022-2023 EHEC Regular Season”