October 15, 2022

Moderator: SharksGM

NYRNYRNYR

October 15, 2022

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Hello all you sisters, brothers, and others, we're here on a Saturday night for an all-out slugfest that is Weekend 1 of EHEC 2022/2023 season. Most importantly - no long term injuries on a LENGTHY and FULL Saturday schedule. So, no, no RIPley's tonight at a minimum.

Anaheim and Boston, cross-conference matchup, battle hard defensively, and Anaheim scores first and in each period, despite Hunter Jones playing well, Steve Mason outduels him. Ducks Win, Ducks Win.

No one in particular shines brightest in ARZ, but they beat down the Sabres, though not without a few strong games from the Sabres vets Ritchie and Pastrnak.

Detroit beats down Chicago HARD at home, with Adrian Kempe with a few unnecessary additions.

CGY gets its first win in the season on the road in EDM and in OT. JVR from Nate Mac pretty deep in. Congrats and condolences around.

LA beats WPG in a low-event affair, the way the Kings like it.

Smashville beat the Avs on home ice, with only 3 penalties all game. That might be a good thing, all thing considered, since each team goes 100% on the PP.

It takes OT, but the Isles cap the comeback over the Sens. It took pretty much all they had too, 50% on the PP, 100% on the PK, and Wallstedt putting in one of the best games you can imagine.

Pittsburgh beats cross-state rivals Philadelphia 4-3, even if Knight outplayed Ben Bishop. Cole Perfetti had a thing or two to say about the youth movement and Adam Larsson was heard after the game saying "Moe Seider who?"

Meanwhile in their first game sans-Ridley, the Sharks got beat SH early, but beat down Cal Pickard as the game goes on and Kopitar gets the late game put-away.

St. Louis and Columbus both put up a decent fight, but incredible efforts from Dustin Brown (still alive?) Jesse Pulijijijijlijlijlijluuujli (spelled correctly) and Dylan Cozens (young guys FTW) are the difference makers.]

In mayhaps the BIGGEST upset of the night, the Devils go into Tampa and beat the Lightning in regulation with a goal in the last 13s by Leon Draisaitl from Cale Makar. Now, in the real NHL if a team had those 2 players you would EXPECT that. But not so much here, but congrats nonetheless.

Finally, my Rags win over the Caps in a low event affair. I have little to say about this other than very few players excelled on either team except, apparently, the goalies. Exactly how I drew it up...

Careful on the 24-players on the NHL teams. Otherwise, not the worst BIG sim I've had to run. Welcome to 22-23 bois.
Duckduckdeke

Re: October 15, 2022

Post by Duckduckdeke »

What a night
Quack Quack
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

Hey, what’s your secret to get a 5+ rating from your goaltenders?
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SensGM wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:12 am Hey, what’s your secret to get a 5+ rating from your goaltenders?
Markstrom having one lucky night aside, I also wish to know this
ArizonaGM

Post by ArizonaGM »

Yes, The Yotes get win number 1!! :D
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Stephen Harper was the first star of a hockey game?
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2022-2023 EHEC Regular Season”