2022 Offseason

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2022 Offseason

Post by SharksGM »

Yes, I have started making the draft class. It will take a while. I'm far from finishing or running out of steam, but since the latter will inevitably happen before the former, I'll probably ask for help entering 3rd+ round filler ceilings once I get there.

Any questions?
IslandersGM

Re: 2022 Offseason

Post by IslandersGM »

I'll be AFK for the weekend. I'll have my computer next week but I'll be a married man by then :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know you won't be finished that fast but do we have any rough dates planed for when the draft would be / UFA. Just so others can also plan their July/Aug schedules.
NYI GM
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

OTT told me he would etransfer 100$ if you finish by the weekend!
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:07 am OTT told me he would etransfer 100$ if you finish by the weekend!
Trade me the 16th pick, so you'll stop being nervous.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:07 am OTT told me he would etransfer 100$ if you finish by the weekend!
Oh, what a shame. I missed the deadline. And why are you in a rush to pick?

Anyway, if you're checking updates to the draft spreadsheet, you'll see that I've added pot/con/ceilings for 105 skaters (3.5 rounds worth) and a few goalies. That leaves the most boring part of filling out the remaining 40-50 odd mostly AHL fodder/longshots/CON boosters. If you're interested in helping with that, hop on Discord and I'll give you something to do.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

SharksGM wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:48 am
Oh, what a shame. I missed the deadline. And why are you in a rush to pick?

Anyway, if you're checking updates to the draft spreadsheet, you'll see that I've added pot/con/ceilings for 105 skaters (3.5 rounds worth) and a few goalies. That leaves the most boring part of filling out the remaining 40-50 odd mostly AHL fodder/longshots/CON boosters. If you're interested in helping with that, hop on Discord and I'll give you something to do.
Can't wait :!:
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Leaving Monday for some time in Canucks territory. Back the following Monday, but I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll be somewhat active.
NYI GM
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Suggestion

Start Free Agency while the draft list gets done?
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am Suggestion

I dont think It's a good idea.
There are trades being made during the draft involving pending UFAs/RFAs.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

True
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am Suggestion

If you're in a hurry, you could always pick one of the 5* remaining prospects and speed up the process:
  • Cole O'Hara
  • Jake Richard
  • Maksymilian Szuber
  • Aidan Thompson
  • Theo Wallberg
  • Gavin White

*I know that's actually 6, but I'm about to start one, I just don't know which yet
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

Just Cole O'Hara and Aidan Thompson left
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

PittsburghGM wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:38 pm Just Cole O'Hara and Aidan Thompson left
and they're done, so everyone has ceilings (except the goalies of course), though they might be in need of a review ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I have entered semi-random current ratings, PE, LE, ST, and all the rest for 159 skaters and 11 goalies. Thanks to all those who contributed ratings.

Please have a look at the spreadsheet and let me know if there are any issues ASAP. I will be entering the draftees later today (hence disabling GMO). Any errors will be corrected in both the sheet and the file.

If there are no objections, I will schedule the draft to start next Sunday afternoon so everyone has at least a week to pore over the file.

I will also amend the rulebook to note that 19+ year old draftees (i.e., second-time eligibles) can be signed to ELCs before free agency, so that some of the POT boosters from last year's draft class can still be picked and have a chance to boost. I don't think there are any overage boosters this year but if there are, they won't be totally worthless either.
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:30 pm Please have a look at the spreadsheet and let me know if there are any issues ASAP. I will be entering the draftees later today (hence disabling GMO). Any errors will be corrected in both the sheet and the file.
It could be on purpose, but I figured I should double-check. Is it intentional that Matthew Savoie is listed as primary position C, alternate position C?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

PittsburghGM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:23 pm It could be on purpose, but I figured I should double-check. Is it intentional that Matthew Savoie is listed as primary position C, alternate position C?
No, that's not on purpose. Thanks for reporting.

I intended every forward to have an alt position and did not deliberately make any D/W skaters this time.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:52 pm
PittsburghGM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:23 pm It could be on purpose, but I figured I should double-check. Is it intentional that Matthew Savoie is listed as primary position C, alternate position C?
No, that's not on purpose. Thanks for reporting.

I intended every forward to have an alt position and did not deliberately make any D/W skaters this time.
-the BS column for Kevin Reidler says "Kevin" for some reason (most say "- -")
-Kirill Kudryavtsev is only a LW, Jared Wright and Sandis Vilmanis only C, Matthew Savoie is C/C, Devin Kaplan is only RW, and Kirill Dolzhenkov is RW/RW.
-Tomas Hamara and Marc-Andre Gaudet are D/LW at the moment.
-for what it's worth, the draft currently includes 11 goalies, 59 defencemen (including Hamara and Gaudet), and 100 forwards, with 79 who can play left-wing, 53 who can play centre, and 62 who can play right-wing (I accounted for Savoie and Dolzhenkov having the same pos/apos). I don't know if that balance matters in any way, just thought I'd point it out.

Also I believe Jared Wright is the only new second-year draft eligible player who could boost, though I could be wrong.
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

I noticed the LW thing too - for all the players I did, if they were centres and left handed, I made their alternate position LW which happened quite a bit more often than righties, so that might have contributed to it (quite a few more left handed shots than right handed shots)

I made one overage booster but then figured that wouldn't work so I changed him up a bit, so it does look like Jared Wright is the only one

Return to “League Memos”