Dallas Stars GM

DAL - COL

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Charlie McAvoy (69)
DAL 1st 2022
LA 2nd 2022

Noel Gunler (67)
COL 2nd 2022

Charlie McAvoy is a phenom, who finally got his ice time and develop into a young elite defenseman and showed his skills and delivered big time in these play-offs. Hard to move on from him, as defensemen with his skills are hard to come by, especially for his low cap hit next year, but I wanted to add firepower instead to make sure that Stars won't get into those scoring slumps again in the next season and I have one or two young defensemen within the system who could make the jump, so got to leave some roster spot open for it. Gunler is a type of player I like, good shot, can also add some physicality, should fit in well.
Thank you Avs.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
AvalancheGM

Re: DAL - COL

Post by AvalancheGM »

Avs accept. Well, this could be quite a shocker for a rebuilding club to deal one of their top prospects but it makes sense. McAvoy is a stud #1 D whose age fits great with my core. He's not a hitter but I have enough of that in my other dmen. With McAvoy and Power my top pair is set for years. Gunler is a great winger prospect. But I have in Marner a young guy every bit as good as he'll become at 1RW already, plus other top offensive winger prospects and a pair of top 10 picks in this draft. Gunler also hit a bit of a development wall this year too which is a bit concerning at only 20. Throw in the late 2nd and moving up from 33 to 27 and it's worth the while.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Dallas Stars GM wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:11 pm Image
Charlie McAvoy (69)
1st TB DAL 2022
2nd LA 2022

Noel Gunler (67)
2nd COL 2022

Charlie McAvoy is a phenom, who finally got his ice time and develop into a young elite defenseman and showed his skills and delivered big time in these play-offs. Hard to move on from him, as defensemen with his skills are hard to come by, especially for his low cap hit next year, but I wanted to add firepower instead to make sure that Stars won't get into those scoring slumps again in the next season and I have one or two young defensemen within the system who could make the jump, so got to leave some roster spot open for it. Gunler is a type of player I like, good shot, can also add some physicality, should fit in well.
Thank you Avs.

This should be 1st DAL 2022, not TB, sorry, my mistake
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Yeah it is DAL 1st. I thought the pick was 27th from looking at the graphic Marty posted here but that's ok, I can live with 30th.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “Accepted Trades”