WPG (formerly TB) announcement

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

WPG (formerly TB) announcement

Post by Jets GM »

Hey EHEC,

This post is to announce I am resigning from my position as GM of TB (and simmer :P) effective immediately. I have spent over a decade running the EHEC Lightning and it has been a tremendous learning experience. It was something I came to rely upon when other areas of my life were dull or stressful. The only reason I had such a great time was how competitive and engaging running a team is. This was made possible by the staff and GM's. So I want to thank everyone for making this league such a special space.

Part of me is sad about resigning, but as I get older I am more conscious of time and its value. I probably test simmed 10,000 playoff games. During Season I playoffs, I probably did 2,000 games alone. A quick story about Season 1 before I say goodbye: In the ECF against Boston, I didn't test-sim much because I was so confident after sweeping the previous series. I quickly fell behind 3 games to 1. I was sick and almost gave up test-simming because I thought there was no way I could win the series. But, I eventually decided if I was going to lose, I had to know I had done EVERYTHING. I think I simmed Game Five 500 or 1000 times.

I learned a lot from that and find myself being reminded of that experience every now and then. I hope you all get what you are looking for out of EHEC and your teams.

Thanks to Adam Burke, the founder, for without him this would of not been possible.

And thanks to Dan Taranu. You guys have it good with him, believe me. Very smart guy.

Vik too.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Kind regards,

Justin C
Last edited by Jets GM on Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recent file here.
SensGM

Re: TB Announcement

Post by SensGM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way! :cry:
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

Thanks for everything you've done JC. Hats off!
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

I've only been here for about a year of the EHEC, but still, it's clear you've done a lot for this league, the GMs in it, and also a great job as GM of the Lightning. Sad to see you go. Thanks for everything you've put into EHEC over the years, and good luck!
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

I've only been here a couple months, so can't comment too much, but I suspect your record speaks for itself. Sorry to see you go!
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

:( can’t do that to me!!

You’re the goat of EHEC you have to stay

Gonna miss you my man!!

Hopefully you come back one day
PanthersDD

Post by PanthersDD »

Wow you couldn't have left 2 weeks ago and given me a chance in the ECF???

As others have said, I've only been here a few months but can tell how much work you've done for this league. Wish you the best of luck and thanks for everything.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

VERY sorry to see you go! Thanks for everything you've done and even having only been here a year, I can tell the energy and love you put into this league and your team!
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Good luck!
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I feel like more than half my trade deals in the EHEC have been with Justin and his Tampa team :lol:

Good luck man, you'll be missed
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

This sucks. Figured the league would be done before you were.

You sure you don't want to stick around just to sim? I know that's your favourite part.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Man, now I feel guilty a little bit. Such a shame.

Maybe you'll come back later as a regular GM and not a simmer and you'll have fun with us again.

Anyway, I wish you best of luck for your future endeavors.
:)
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Man, sucks to lose a simmer. It's clear you've put a ton into this league.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm very sad to see another OGM go. Good luck in your future non-EHEC endeavours, JC. I very much appreciate your simming, advice on handling the heavy subject of online fantasy sports league management, your extraordinary dedication to test simming and to running a perennial playoff contender 5M under the cap before the trade deadline.
Vik (Habs) wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 pm This sucks. Figured the league would be done before you were.
*sidelong glance, quizzical eyebrow raised*
Vik (Habs) wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 pm You sure you don't want to stick around just to sim? I know that's your favourite part.
You're playing with fire here.
Dallas Stars GM wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:33 am Man, now I feel guilty a little bit. Such a shame.
Nah, don't sweat it. Now former (three time!) GM Ted Leavey (NJ/WPG), that guy is a legend. I think he genuinely tormented Pat into leaving.
Jets GM

Re: WPG (formerly TB) announcement

Post by Jets GM »

Bumping this thread as I am re-signing as Jets GM effective Saturday, February 26th (want to ensure any pending transactions get approved).

The reasons have stayed the same and I used far to many words in my previous farewell.

Thank you for letting my come back. It was so much fun be the Jets GM and I hope I didn't cause much trouble.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Jets GM wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:45 pm Bumping this thread as I am re-signing as Jets GM effective Saturday, February 26th (want to ensure any pending transactions get approved).
Re-signing for how long? What are your salary demands?
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

I hope this is not related to the rejected Kovalchuk trade.

I know the feeling of having trades rejected and it really ruins the fun.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:52 am I hope this is not related to the rejected Kovalchuk trade.

I know the feeling of having trades rejected and it really ruins the fun.
No, not at all. It just reminded me of why I thought it was best to move previously.

Take care everyone, wishing all GM's good health and fortune moving forward!
Most recent file here.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

I can take care of Winnipeg if no body wants to do it
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SensGM wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:11 pm I can take care of Winnipeg if no body wants to do it
I will support this on the condition that you trade me all 42 first round picks he collected :P
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

DetroitGM wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:12 pm
SensGM wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:11 pm I can take care of Winnipeg if no body wants to do it
I will support this on the condition that you trade me all 42 first round picks he collected :P
LoL this
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

No need to take care of them Martin, one stacked team is enough. Thanks though :D

Return to “League Memos”