TB/FLA

Post by AvalancheGM »

To Tampa:
Andrei Kostitsyn (67) - retained 50 per cent

To Florida:
Ondrej Kase (67)
Eetu Liukas (66)
TB 5th 2023

CONDITION: Kostitsyn and Kase will be swapped back to their former teams at the draft.

Panthers accept. Did not expect to be moving Kostitsyn, but this is a sensible deal bringing some futures for loaning him to a contender for the rest of the year. Had my eye on Liukas during last year's draft, happy to get him now.
Last edited by AvalancheGM on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
TBGM - Geoff

Re: TB/FLA

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

Confirmed.

This is a pure rental for the cup chase. Cap neutral for both teams, and Florida gets a pick and a prospect to compensate for the short term rental.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:02 pm CONDITION: Kostitsyn and Kase will be swapped back to their former teams at the draft.
This isn't a condition (just literally, it's not conditional on anything), and after the Bouwmeester debacle, we ruled that forcing future trades wasn't something we were going to allow again.

For that matter, how are you expecting this to work if Florida trades Kase again before the draft?
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

I don't require it to be a condition of the trade, I think it could be left as a gentleman's agreement.

I'm not concerned about getting Kase back, I know Florida is a caretaker GM. I offered the potential to swap back because I know he wants to resign Kostitsyn if he's still in charge after the season.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

^ what he said. I didn't think about the possibility of someone taking over Florida before the draft. Though I think if the new GM were informed the swap option exists, and looked at the existing core, it would be a no-brainer.

If not, they get a solid affordable 2nd line winger to re-sign or trade for something different, plus some futures, for an elderly rental.

Or they can keep Kase and then try to sign Kostitsyn since TB won't be.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

The committee has voted to reject this deal. As per usual, both GMs have been informed of the decision and have the opportunity to re-work the deal. PM me any further comments you might have.

Return to “Rejected Trades”