DetroitGM

January 27, 2022

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

I'm tired, maybe will do a write up tomorrow, maybe won't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NYRNYRNYR

Re: January 27, 2022

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

DetroitGM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:13 am Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

I'm tired, maybe will do a write up tomorrow, maybe won't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As someone who has felt this IN THEIR BONES - thank you for your sim, don't feel pressured, great job :D
FLA Caretaker 2.0

Post by FLA Caretaker 2.0 »

Never change, Hoefflin. His usual 3 minors a night helps his former team to victory. Nice outings for the youngsters Perbix and Raddysh. And don't look now, but Carter Hart has two impressive wins in a row.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:53 am As someone who has felt this IN THEIR BONES - thank you for your sim, don't feel pressured, great job :D
I like doing the write-ups is the thing, I just did the sim way too late last night. So, for something different, I think today I'm going to try to highlight standouts that aren't just goals and penalties.
  • Milan Michalek only recorded one assist and was -1 in Montreal's 4-2 defeat of the Sabres, but he also put up 6 hits, 6 takeaways, and no giveaways, so I'd suggest he needs better linemates than [checks notes] ...Alexander Ovechkin
  • Tom Wilson's 6 shots on goal were the most of either team, but perhaps that's part of why Carolina lost 5-2 to Boston. Eric Staal, who had 5 hits and 5 takeaways, as well as 3 giveaways, but only 2 shots might want to consider putting his 99 shooting to better usage.
  • Though Colorado is right to point to Hoefflin's performance (1 goal, 4 shots, 1 hit, 0 giveaways or takeaways, -1, and 11 PIM), Jakub Zboril is also a bit of a goat in Vancouver's 4-2 loss - he played 22.20, with 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots, 0 hits, 0 takeaways, 0 PIM, and was a +0. His only recorded stat is 1 giveaway. Who is he playing for, Jacques Lemaire's late-90s Devils?
  • Winnipeg's 3-1 victory over Edmonton features some frequent, if not necessarily heavy, hitters - Oilers' defencemen Patrik Nemeth and Karl Alzner recorded 5 and 4 each, which was matched by Winnipeg's Mike Forney and Dion Phaneuf, but the teams were led by Matthew Spencer (7) and Jack Johnson (6).
    (for the record, the league hits leader, Dylan McIlrath, averages just under 4 hits per game).
  • Speaking of frequent hitters, Ottawa's Colby Cohen recorded 8 hits, along with 5 takeaways (just 1 giveaway) and 2 shots in *30* minutes of action during their 5-3 defeat of the Ducks. His defence partner, Noah Hanifin, also played 30 minutes, but only had 4 hits, plus 2 shots, 1 giveaway, and 1 takeaway.
  • Sean Couturier was a rather active part of the Flyers' 5-3 defeat of the Capitals - along with his 1 goal on 1 shot, he had 4 hits, 6 giveaways, and 7 takeaways. Also Washington's Tom Kuehnhackl continued his pacifistic approach to the game - 0 hits, to go with his 5 giveaways (also 5 shots and 1 takeaway, but anyway). Kuehnhackl is notable as having not hit anyone yet this season, despite being hit 99 times.
  • The Predator's Steven Shipley is also an interesting case - he's given out the 14th most hits (2nd among forwards) but also taken the 2nd most hits. Specifically 142 of each. This might help explain why he led Nashville with 6 giveaways in their 4-0 loss to Arizona.
  • Last night was a bit of an anomaly for my season (or so I'd like to believe), as both Nico Daws (5 GA on 28 shots) and future Calder Trophy winner William Eklund (1 shot, -1, nothing else) had bad games as my Wings fell 5-3 to the Pens. Also apparently Yakupov doesn't like the pens and spent 6min in the box. But hey, at least my AHL first line of L'Heureux-Wisdom-Byron beat up the baby Pens (5 goals and 5 assists between them).
  • The star battle of the night is not one I expected, but I admittedly didn't realize that Juuso Välimäki was picked 4th overall. Though the two players didn't score any goals in the Kings' 2-1 defeat of the Blues, they certainly had an impact - in 29min, Välimäki had 7 hits, 5 takeaways, 3 giveaways, and 1 penalty (2min), though no shots. But the deserving first star was Taylor Hall, who had 2 assists, 1 shot, 10 hits, 1 giveaway, 7 takeaways, and two minors in 20min.
  • Finally, it seems that Toews and Crosby dragged Hunter Shinkaruk in the Lightning's 5-1 victory over Minnesota - Shinkaruk managed 1 shot, 1 minor penalty, and -1 in 18.30 of ice-time alongside two of the best in the game. No wonder Tampa is looking for another top-6 forward :p
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Nice recap! I spend a lot of time on the stats for my games.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2021-2022 EHEC Regular Season”