2021 Offseason

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Offseason

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: ↑Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:05 am
DetroitGM wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:25 am So we might want to replace Logan Mailloux in the list, seeing as he's renounced himself from the 2021 draft.
Welp, guess Bergevin had other ideas πŸ™ƒ
I already removed his row from the spreadsheet so he successfully renounced himself from the EHEC draft.
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:58 pm Just one inch can ruin a guy's potential in EHM lol
Real life as well.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:00 am
AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:58 pm Just one inch can ruin a guy's potential in EHM lol
Real life as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

DetroitGM wrote: ↑Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:25 am So we might want to replace Logan Mailloux in the list, seeing as he's renounced himself from the 2021 draft.
What a dumbass. Chalk that pick up to his massive ego after reaching the final. I don't think Timmins was on board judging from his 20+ seconds of silence when asked about it.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:11 pm
What a dumbass. Chalk that pick up to his massive ego after reaching the final. I don't think Timmins was on board judging from his 20+ seconds of silence when asked about it.
It was such a joke. Equally as much of a joke is the kid thereafter immediately being like "yah this is great I can't wait for MTL and I to help each other" clearly showing his "don't draft me" was a stunt aimed to do just this. If the kid had any integrity he'd say "I meant it, thank you MTL, but I'm not signing, I'm not accepting it, I'll see everyone next year"
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Well he'd have to wait two years to reenter the draft, unless Montreal renounced his rights. But I agree.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:56 am Well he'd have to wait two years to reenter the draft, unless Montreal renounced his rights. But I agree.
Sure. But then alternatively he says "I am still taking this year to focus on myself..." etc etc and signs with MTL next year. Either way going immediately back on it was such a BS move IMHO.

Look, I'm an attorney in New York, and I've represented people who have done worse than he has, and people who have done far less than he has. I don't believe someone at age 18 is fully developed in their lives, and should be allowed to make decisions that are wrong, but don't ruin the rest of their lives. It wasn't "a mistake". He made an intentional decision. At 18 it is very easy to choose the personal benefits, to the detriment of others. But that's the damn point. You need to LEARN that lesson. Nothing in his statement leads me to anything other than a ploy to avoid the hard work of actually learning from his bad choice. Using the word "mistake" a dozen times is insane. His agent should be embarrassed.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Most recent file here.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Any update on the draft? I feel like free agency won't start before the season does at this rate.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

This isn't helpful.
AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 am Any update on the draft? I feel like free agency won't start before the season does at this rate.
I have entered pot/con/ceilings for 152 skaters and 9 goalies into the which you are welcome to inspect. If you want a player added or have any comments/suggestions/issues to note, feel free to make them now.

I still need to enter LE/PE, as well as other ratings (most of which will be randomized as they were last year) before the draftees can be finalized and entered into the file.

As for timing, the draft usually takes a month. If needed, we can start free agent re-signings after, say, the second round is over, and try to get those done so that free agency can begin shortly after the draft ends, seeing as most of the trade action happens in the first round.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:41 pm
This isn't helpful.

I'm sorry :(
Most recent file here.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:41 pm
This isn't helpful.
AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 am Any update on the draft? I feel like free agency won't start before the season does at this rate.
I have entered pot/con/ceilings for 152 skaters and 9 goalies into the which you are welcome to inspect. If you want a player added or have any comments/suggestions/issues to note, feel free to make them now.

I still need to enter LE/PE, as well as other ratings (most of which will be randomized as they were last year) before the draftees can be finalized and entered into the file.

As for timing, the draft usually takes a month. If needed, we can start free agent re-signings after, say, the second round is over, and try to get those done so that free agency can begin shortly after the draft ends, seeing as most of the trade action happens in the first round.
Awesome, helps me get started on scouting.

Although it's weaker at the top than I expected... :|
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Also is there a way to see their secondary position?
PittsburghGM

Post by PittsburghGM »

The column at the end of the ceilings is secondary position
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Thanks!
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Top 10 looks good, I'm liking the options I'll have at 6.

SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: ↑Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 am Awesome, helps me get started on scouting.

Although it's weaker at the top than I expected... :|
I'm going by the consensus. Power and Beniers are top 2 but neither were unanimously ranked best at their position and both have questions about their offensive upside. There seemed to be broad agreement on a top 10 but not so much on the order.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Thank you for your hard work. Do we have an estimation on Draft date?
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Can we set a deadline for signing pending UFA/RFA's?
Most recent file here.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Jets GM wrote: ↑Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:04 pm Can we set a deadline for signing pending UFA/RFA's?
I think in the past the "signing period" went through the draft and ended shortly before UFA season begins. Since we don't have those hard dates yet, I wouldn't expect to know the deadline for another week or two. Nothing should catch anyone off guard though.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Dallas Stars GM wrote: ↑Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:26 am Thank you for your hard work. Do we have an estimation on Draft date?
After I finish entering PE ratings and actually put the draftees in the file, so at least a week from now.
Jets GM wrote: ↑Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:04 pm Can we set a deadline for signing pending UFA/RFA's?
... no? It'll be at least a week after the draft ends.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 pm
Dallas Stars GM wrote: ↑Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:26 am Thank you for your hard work. Do we have an estimation on Draft date?
After I finish entering PE ratings and actually put the draftees in the file, so at least a week from now.
... no? It'll be at least a week after the draft ends.
As for timing, the draft usually takes a month. If needed, we can start free agent re-signings after, say, the second round is over, and try to get those done so that free agency can begin shortly after the draft ends, seeing as most of the trade action happens in the first round

That's the reason I asked, as to make this impending financial event as orderly as possible.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Jets GM wrote: ↑Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:14 pm
That's the reason I asked, as to make this impending financial event as orderly as possible.
https://youtu.be/obAoPP1bdIM?t=54
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Jets GM wrote: ↑Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:14 pm As for timing, the draft usually takes a month. If needed, we can start free agent re-signings after, say, the second round is over, and try to get those done so that free agency can begin shortly after the draft ends, seeing as most of the trade action happens in the first round

I don't know when the draft is going to end so I can't possibly tell you when a week after that is.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Sorry Dan, I read that as we were maybe going to start UFA after Round 1
My bad
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Looks like we will be wrapping up the draft soon....

Any thoughts on UFA signing and the bonanza starting?
Most recent file here.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Yeah, would be nice to get a start on contract signings
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

WPG interested in UFA period? That's weird why would WPG care about when UF........=looks at WPG contracts page= Oh...Oh I see.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:05 pm WPG interested in UFA period? That's weird why would WPG care about when UF........=looks at WPG contracts page= Oh...Oh I see.
GMs have been very generous with WPG. :P
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SensGM wrote: ↑Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:16 pm
NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:05 pm WPG interested in UFA period? That's weird why would WPG care about when UF........=looks at WPG contracts page= Oh...Oh I see.
GMs have been very generous with WPG. :P
Hey I ADDED 6 million to them lol :lol: :lol:
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

You raise a good point; maybe we'll just skip UFA this year and give everyone one-year options.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

It's almost time

The music is slowing

Not long before it stops
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

The file has been updated to just after the rollover. Here is your booster report:

Player('Tristen', 'Robins') (CGY, 76 CON) boosted from 67 to 77
Player('Wyatt', 'Kaiser') (WPG, 75 CON) failed to boost
Player('Brett', 'Berard') (CGY, 75 CON) failed to boost
Player('Hendrix', 'Lapierre') (CGY, 78 CON) boosted from 69 to 79
Player('Tyson', 'Foerster') (VAN, 79 CON) failed to boost
Player('Michael', 'Benning') (CGY, 76 CON) boosted from 66 to 76
Player('Ian', 'Moore') (WPG, 78 CON) boosted from 53 to 63
Player('Roby', 'JΓ€rventie') (OTT, 76 CON) boosted from 58 to 68
Player('Dmitri', 'Zlodeyev') (VAN, 80 CON) boosted from 68 to 78
Player('Marat', 'Khusnutdinov') (CAR, 83 CON) boosted from 56 to 66
Player('Carter', 'Savoie') (PIT, 81 CON) boosted from 56 to 66
Player('Roni', 'Hirvonen') (WPG, 87 CON) boosted from 59 to 79
Player('Veeti', 'Miettinen') (WPG, 86 CON) boosted from 55 to 65
Player('Martin', 'Chromiak') (CGY, 75 CON) boosted from 66 to 76
Player('Anton', 'Johannesson') (SJ, 77 CON) failed to boost
Player('Daemon', 'Hunt') (DET, 75 CON) failed to boost
Player('Bogdan', 'Trineyev') (BOS, 78 CON) boosted from 63 to 73
Player('Emil', 'Heineman') (SJ, 77 CON) boosted from 68 to 78
Player('William', 'Wallinder') (DET, 75 CON) failed to boost
Player('Zion', 'Nybeck') (CGY, 83 CON) boosted from 68 to 78
Player('Alexander', 'Nikishin') (BOS, 79 CON) failed to boost
Player('Antonio', 'Stranges') (CBJ, 75 CON) boosted from 59 to 69

My condolences to William Wallinder's family. Evidently his luck went straight to Roni Hirvonen, whose tenure in Winnipeg I expect to last at least through to the end of the month.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 pm My condolences to William Wallinder's family. Evidently his luck went straight to Roni Hirvonen, whose tenure in Winnipeg I expect to last at least through to the end of the month.
Unfortunate, especially with Hunt also failing to boost, but I'm not too worried. We'll see what happens next year, with 7 players who could boost Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 pm Player('Tyson', 'Foerster') (VAN, 79 CON) failed to boost
Pewp.
Player('Dmitri', 'Zlodeyev') (VAN, 80 CON) boosted from 68 to 78
Woo.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

As we are now down to single-digit pending free agent offers, and I've been slowly advancing the file, I think we're ready to begin preseason. I propose starting on Sunday and simming 2 in-game days per night. That should complete the preseason by Oct. 8 and leave time for waiver day and a season start around October 10-11.

I checked back and it turns out we used the real-life 2011-12 NHL schedule for the previous two seasons, so let's not do that again. The season before it seems like we just used the game-generated schedule. I'm probably going to adopt the 2010-11 schedule instead, moving games forward whatever number of days is necessary to align our calendars. I think the NHL has been rotating divisions for inter-conference games so the total number of games for each team is not the same each year, even ignoring divisional changes.

Comments/questions?
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: ↑Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:03 am As we are now down to single-digit pending free agent offers, and I've been slowly advancing the file, I think we're ready to begin preseason. I propose starting on Sunday and simming 2 in-game days per night. That should complete the preseason by Oct. 8 and leave time for waiver day and a season start around October 10-11.

I checked back and it turns out we used the real-life 2011-12 NHL schedule for the previous two seasons, so let's not do that again. The season before it seems like we just used the game-generated schedule. I'm probably going to adopt the 2010-11 schedule instead, moving games forward whatever number of days is necessary to align our calendars. I think the NHL has been rotating divisions for inter-conference games so the total number of games for each team is not the same each year, even ignoring divisional changes.

Comments/questions?
Sounds reasonable.

Regarding preseason, teams never play back-to-back preseason games right? Just making sure every team gets a chance to play with their rosters/lineups every game, as opposed to only once if they had a back-to-back.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:34 am
SharksGM wrote: ↑Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:03 am As we are now down to single-digit pending free agent offers, and I've been slowly advancing the file, I think we're ready to begin preseason. I propose starting on Sunday and simming 2 in-game days per night. That should complete the preseason by Oct. 8 and leave time for waiver day and a season start around October 10-11.

Comments/questions?
Sounds reasonable.

Regarding preseason, teams never play back-to-back preseason games right? Just making sure every team gets a chance to play with their rosters/lineups every game, as opposed to only once if they had a back-to-back.
The preseason schedule is always 5 games per night so that every team plays every 3 nights. So we can do up to 3 nights per sim and finish in a week with everybody getting a daily game.
Dallas Stars GM

OK. Got my lines set
Dallas Stars GM

404 - Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found!
can't download the league latest file... error 404
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

Dallas Stars GM wrote: ↑Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:06 am 404 - Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found!
can't download the league latest file... error 404
So I've done a temporary fix for folks - Dan uploaded the core .ehm files (boxscores, draftpicks, players, reports, schedule, staff, statistics, and teams) but presumably forgot to upload the .zip, so what I did was add those core files to the previous day's save folder. It'll work for all intents and purposes, but Dan is the only one who can properly fix it (assuming anyone cares about the news and transactions files)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I didn't realize people were still regularly downloading the file. Anyway, I fixed it.

Incidentally, today is Oct 1, so all remaining RFAs will sign their QOs. I will enter them after tonight's sim, at which point we will be halfway through preseason (4 games each to go).

Return to β€œLeague Memos”