January 16, 2020

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

January 16, 2020

Post by SharksGM »

Results here: https://ehec.pro/schedule.php

League file here: https://ehec.pro/EHEC.zip

Sun dogs win a shootout in the desert and the new look Jackets might want to re-reset.
Vik (Habs)

Re: January 16, 2020

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Dallas is over the cap by ~435k and at 51 contracts after the Abols waiver claim.
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

How the fuck was he claimed when I never brought him up to begin with????

Why am I getting penalized for a SIM'ers mistake???
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 am How the fuck was he claimed when I never brought him up to begin with????

Seriously, can't you guys be gentle?

Free friday reminder:

NO SIMMER = NO LEAGUE
VancouverCanucksGM

That doesnt account for why I had to lose a player due to a bad decision. The sim'er couldve easily chosen a player that wouldnt have been affected by waivers.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:48 am That doesnt account for why I had to lose a player due to a bad decision. The sim'er couldve easily chosen a player that wouldnt have been affected by waivers.
Again, be NICE to them. And they will explain to you why such a decision.

If It's THEIR mistake, they will fix it. That simple.

Thank you.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 am How the fuck was he claimed when I never brought him up to begin with????

Abols was in your lineup on the 9th and the lines weren't auto'd. The only way that happens is if you upload lines with him in them. That's why Justin had to promote him.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

It's possible to recall someone, put them in your lines, then send them back down. That leaves you at the mercy of the simmer. If you're expecting us to make optimal decisions for you, well, good luck.

Maybe more to the point, though, if you think an error has been made it helps to point it out politely and make it clear exactly what you want to be done about it and why.
VancouverCanucksGM

Vik (Habs) wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Abols was in your lineup on the 9th and the lines weren't auto'd. The only way that happens is if you upload lines with him in them. That's why Justin had to promote him.
Ive NEVER brought Abols up by MY doing.
VancouverCanucksGM

Vik (Habs) wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:16 pm

The only time Ive done anything with Abols, was send him back down when I realized he was called up.

Why would I recall a guy, when I wouldnt have to, then on top of that, one that would hurt my cap number, then yet on top of that, wasnt the best option, and the cherry, why one that would be waiver eligible to send back down?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:58 pmWhy would I recall a guy, when I wouldnt have to, then on top of that, one that would hurt my cap number, then yet on top of that, wasnt the best option, and the cherry, why one that would be waiver eligible to send back down?
Hard for me to speculate at your motivations but maybe you hadn't realized he'd become waiver eligible (he'd turned 24 only 4 days before the callup).

Only rationale I can think of for him ending up in your lineup without your hand in it would be that you needed another forward from the Lindblom injury (you wouldn't've if you had Miller set to RW instead of D but no reason Justin would think of that), Justin called up your best AHL LW (Abols), and, instead of auto-ing as he'd normally do (and for which you didn't have enough listed RWs), set him in Lindblom's spot. Problem there is that your PK duos also changed. You had Lindblom on the top PK and Sharov on the 2nd, then Sharov was on the 1st and Abols on the 2nd. I doubt Justin would've done that had he been solely responsible for the Abols ending up in the lineup.

But, if it is all Justin's doing, it should be easy enough to sort out.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

My word, quite the thread this has turned into.

I wanted to offer some clarity on what happens when lines do not work (when I am simming). But before that, I want to make it quite clear: I do not like simming and my goal every sim is to spend the least amount of time on it. So, I sim as fast as possible. I'm grateful that Vik is able to recap things like injuries and cap issues nightly. I'm also grateful that Dan stepped into a leadership role when we needed a boss. I never wanted to become a simmer and was forced into this position because we can't trust anyone else with the file. We used to have simmers that would document every little change they would make because of lineup errors or write nightly recaps about games; I am not that guy. The only reason I'm willing to sim is because I still love being a GM in EHEC and want the league to run as long as possible. But I am already at the maximum amount of time I am willing to dedicate to it.

When a NHL set of lines do not work:

Step 1: Activate any DTD players
Step 2: If lines still do not work, investigate why (usually injuries or suspension). If it is because a player is in the NHL lineup but on the AHL roster, that player is recalled
Step 3: If there is a current healthy scratch on the NHL roster eligible to sub in for the injured or suspended player; that player is subbed into the lineup in the exact same spots as the injured/suspended player
Step 4: If there are no eligible players on the NHL roster to replace the injured/suspended player, the highest OA player that is currently listed as the same position in the AHL is recalled. I do not (and will not) take into consideration things like waiver eligibility, salary or alternate positions.
Step 5: The recalled player is subbed into the NHL lineup in the exact same spots as the injured/suspended player

When a AHL set of lines do not work:

Step 1: Activate any DTD players
Step 2: If line still do not work, adjust players position/alternate position until there are 2 G, 6 D, 4 LW, 4 C and 4 RW and CPU the lines
Step 3: If there are not enough players to fill out a specific position, CPU lines until fast-signs are made to make the lineup valid

Now I know this is a far from perfect system. Some of you might be going 'Aww man, you recalled a AHL scrub and put him on my 2nd line, why not make a few changes so my lineup was better'. Sorry bro, I'm not your guy. I do things this way so I get each sim done ASAP. I'm not spending anymore time than I have to. Also, this is a still a daily fantasy league. Your supposed to be checking in nearly every day to catch things like injuries or suspensions.

And finally, I have no idea what happened to Abols (who in reality is a NHL 4th liner).

Please direct any further questions about this topic to Dan via PM.
Most recent file here.

Return to “2019-2020 EHEC Regular Season”