Moderator: SharksGM

Vik (Habs)

CAR - MTL

Post by Vik (Habs) »

To Carolina Hurricanes:
C Fabian Gunnarsson (76)

To Montreal Canadiens:
R Nicolas Roy (64)

Haven't been able to find the minutes to properly develop Gunnarsson and it doesn't look like that's about to change so figured I ought to move on. Roy gives me a more physical option that should be able to fit in on any kind of line.
DaveG-Canes

Re: CAR - MTL

Post by DaveG-Canes »

Canes confirm
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DaveG-Canes wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 am Canes confirm
We need some (brief) reasoning.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

Indeed, what an awful deal.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Bump for the mods. Roy is kind of in limbo similar to Demko if this trade is rejected.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Well, since it's lopsided and we never got any reasoning, this trade is rejected. As with Demko, DaveG has until Monday to re-work it or give Roy a QO, otherwise he's going UFA.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 pm Well, since it's lopsided and we never got any reasoning, this trade is rejected. As with Demko, DaveG has until Monday to re-work it or give Roy a QO, otherwise he's going UFA.
If he doesn't re-work it/make a QO, wouldn't it make more sense to allow the deal? How is getting nothing for Roy better than Gunnarsson?
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Whether or not he works out another deal or chooses to qualify him is a separate matter entirely and should have no barring on whether this trade should be accepted.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

DevilsGM wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:33 pm Whether or not he works out another deal or chooses to qualify him is a separate matter entirely and should have no barring on whether this trade should be accepted.
Choosing whether or not to qualify him should absolutely not be a separate matter. The reason I approached Dave about this in the first place was because I noticed he hadn't given Roy an offer. If he doesn't qualify Roy, that's really all the reasoning he ought to've needed to give for this to go through.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Here:

There’s no good reason to not qualify a former 1st round pick who’s got a good trade value.
Especially when the team is bringing back a guy like Penner who’s even more expensive.

Trade cancelled.

And, Carolina is handing out a QO to Roy.

Sorry about that, Vik.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

100% agreed Julien.

Return to “Rejected Trades”