Greetings (NYR)

Moderator: SharksGM

NYR GM

Greetings (NYR)

Post by NYR GM »

Hi gang, nice to meet you all. I’m Jason, and it looks like I’ll be the new GM of the Rangers.

I’m really excited to be back in an EHM league after about a decade away. I spent several years in a previous league before university and a move got in the way, but am now once again in a position where I feel that I can actively participate. Having opened up the game to refresh myself, I’m certainly a bit rusty – I look forward to learning the ins and outs of it all once more.

By way of background, I’m a Sudbury expat now living in downtown Toronto. I work as a corporate lawyer, primarily based in Toronto with some back-and-forth to New York. Obviously a big hockey fan (Habs in the NHL and Knights/Wolves in the OHL), as well as a skier and golfer.

Having gone through a rebuild in the last league I was in, I’m excited to hit the ground running with a very talented squad. A quick peruse of the board suggests I have very big shoes to fill, so I will be doing my best to do so. By way of a preview, I’m a big believer in the “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” approach. As such, I doubt there will be many changes, if any, other than some minor tinkering for now. My ears are always open to offers though.

I’m not sure if there’s a preferred method of less-formal league communication – in my last league we used Yahoo Messenger, to date myself – but if so, please let me know. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jason
Jets GM

Re: Greetings (NYR)

Post by Jets GM »

You seem like a great addition, Jason. Welcome to the league and best of luck!

PM on the forums is best form of communication; many of the GMs live in different time zones.
Most recent file here.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Welcome Jason! Glad to have a new cross-town rivel!
NYI GM
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Welcome!

I think we have an ancient contact thread lying around somewhere. Feel free to resurrect it if you find it. I can't guarantee that I'll be on ICQ anymore, though.

Oh, and I'll set up your account so you can use the user control panel soon. You won't need it right away though.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Welcome Jason.

Big shoes to fill, but you sound like a smart guy so let's get to it.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

This is a solid addition to our already impressive group of guys.
Welcome aboard, Jason.

If you have any question, don't hesitate.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

Looks like he's already gone...
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Meh, it is a numbers game with new GM's. If he is really gone, we will find someone new soon.
Most recent file here.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”