Moderator: SharksGM

Capital Gains

Switching Teams

Post by Capital Gains »

Are you allowed to change teams here ?
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: Switching Teams

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Don't think we've done it before; we've had guys quit, then come back later as GM for a different team.
Capital Gains

Post by Capital Gains »

I'd have interest in the Senators starting after the playoffs.
Capital Gains

Post by Capital Gains »

Anything???
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

My question would be, does anyone have a problem with this?
I don't. And since we don't have GMs waiting to get in at the moment I think our main goal is to keep everyone interested/involved in order to make all of this happen. So if you'd be happier running the Sens and if no one else feels bad about it, then I wouldn't see a problem.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

I do have a huge problem with this.

I don't like the idea of one GM, tired of his team's bad results/player development/trades, etc. just switching teams after the season. Or one GM going for it all and mortgaging the future of his team by trading away picks and/or young assets, knowing he could just get another team in the offseason.

It sets a precedent. If we start doing this, I'm affraid we'll never see the end of it. We'd also be wondering about all the trades one GM made from his old team to his new...

Nah, I don't see any positive at all in allowing this. Sorry Washington. ;)
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

We haven't done a recruiting push in a long time and we still have names on a wait list.

I don't like it.
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

flyergp21 wrote:Or one GM going for it all and mortgaging the future of his team by trading away picks and/or young assets...
AKA The Bern Model
Capital Gains

Post by Capital Gains »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:We haven't done a recruiting push in a long time and we still have names on a wait list.

I don't like it.
If you had a waiting list then Florida and other teams would be filled already. These type of leagues have been falling by the waste side for several years now and interest has dwindled to the point that no one is knocking on the door to join them.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

We received two applications last month. There is over 10 names on the waitlist, albeit all from last year.

And that is with ZERO recruiting done in the last year.

There is no point in trying to fill vacant spots until a few weeks before the draft.
Most recent file here.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

I don't like it, either.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Why exactly do you want to switch?

The goal is to have fun and if you're not enjoying the Caps for whatever reason, we'll consider it. But like others have said it's not really a great precedent to set and doesn't make much sense realism-wise, so I think you'll need a compelling reason.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

My opinion on this: I don't care!!!! Do what you want, I just want you to be happy!!
JacketsGM (Jer)

Post by JacketsGM (Jer) »

I have no problem with something like this, but would leave it at the commish's discretion.

I don't think it needs to be a hard no, but there should be many factors put into his decision.

As a recruiting tool, a solid franchise like Ottawa is GOLD - not only would it quickly be snapped up by new GMs, but could also draw some older GMs back to the game. I'm sure many that have left the league still have the itch occassionally - but have no interest in a multi-year rebuild.

Jer
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SharksGM wrote:Why exactly do you want to switch?

The goal is to have fun and if you're not enjoying the Caps for whatever reason, we'll consider it. But like others have said it's not really a great precedent to set and doesn't make much sense realism-wise, so I think you'll need a compelling reason.
This.

Although, my involvement with this question is a moot point.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

I'll add my 2 cents,

When I joined I took on Dallas, Vik left Edmonton a couple weeks after and I hadn't really changed much in Dallas and the season hadn't started yet I think so I was allowed to switch over to the Oilers. I left for a teaching job, returned and my Oilers had been snapped up. So i took on the other Orange and Blue team.

I;m happy where I am. So I don't think it should be hard no's but I think the League Committee needs to look at any recent trades you've made with the Sens.

Other than that I'd want to check on new recruits because thats what we need.
NYI GM

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”