March 1 Updates

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

March 1 Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Thank you for your participation during the Olympics. I apologize that I got lazy with the non-major countries. Obviously, they had an extremely tough time competing and it was very far from realistic. The betterment of this league is a constant work in progress. There are so many things that Ryan, Nick, and I are doing for the first time and are learning from those experiences. If we're all still around, I promise to make the Sochi games better. I wouldn't say I got lazy, but I didn't know what to do with the non-major teams. I really was not familiar with their players and, in the interest of time, I updated fictional draftees to be players on those teams.

You guys will notice some draft class additions. Not as many as I hoped to get done. The opportunity came along for me to help co-write a book about March Madness cinderellas. Being an unemployed deadbeat and seeing the chance to make some money, I dedicated more time to that than I did the draft class. Nobody fear, it will get done. I believe I added/updated about 45 players in the file. Don't bother using the CSB in-game to rate them. For example, Cam Fowler is a monster and CSB has him rated 13th. I will continue to update the draftees over the next two months and hope to have everything finished by May at the latest.

Pat Webber (NYR) is working on the career.car profile updates. At season's end, we will update the draftees' stat totals.

For the Olympics, as promised, a 2x LE boost will be coming for players who had one in the file. I have no idea who did or how many players did. You will have to bear with us on the updates. They will be in come playoff time for sure. Nick and Ryan have both picked up second jobs and, as mentioned above, I am working on that book, as well as a fiction one of my own. If they ever get published, I hope you buy them! My goal is also to input the Olympics games into the EHEC's schedule.ehm file. I scanned through the schedule and found the team value numbers for the international World Junior teams. We will use those to edit the Olympics file and then put them in. I'm hoping it doesn't mess everything up. I also hope to add the boxscores into boxscores.ehm.

The trade deadline will be pushed back one week in EHEC. I have not consulted with my Committee on this. Consider it an executive decision. While it does take away from some realism, I feel that it just makes sense for us to move it back a little bit. So, the trade deadline will be Wednesday March 10 at 3 pm. No trades will be accepted after that.

AHL Clear Day rosters will be coming due shortly. This is to prevent teams from loading up their AHL team because of our waiver rules. EVERY team will have to submit one, whether you will make the playoffs or not. Teams will submit a list of 23 players to be on the Clear Day roster. I will have further instructions on this in the near future, once I decide with Ryan and Nick how we want to handle it.

Welcome Luke Martin, a friend of SJ GM Dan Taranu to the league. He will be the new Anaheim Ducks GM. I am waiting to hear back from an applicant on becoming the Detroit GM. I have to assume that will happen shortly.

As I mentioned above, Nick and Ryan have both picked up second jobs. Both of them have some pretty fucked up hours. Bear with us on simulations. Nick may pick up one or more of Ryan's days and I may do the same, depending on how his schedule works out for him. We will update you on any sim changes. For now, I would suggest sending the PMs to at least two of us, if not all three of us, just in case something changes on the fly.

That's about all I can think of for now. I appreciate everyone continuing to check in during the Olympics and I hope everyone gets back to activity now with the EHEC season winding down.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Re: March 1 Updates

Post by Penguin »

Great job.
StarStruck

Post by StarStruck »

good job all around...we should set up a chat room for trade deadline day?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

StarStruck wrote:good job all around...we should set up a chat room for trade deadline day?
That would be cool. I'll see what I can come up with.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I always thought a chatter box under the forum is a good idea.

Makes it easier to talk, no need to start a post for a little something to add, and we can discuss about anything stupid. Also, brings up activity, but I don't think we need some lately!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Remember. Trade deadline is tomorrow at 3 p.m EST. Trades posted after 3 pm EST will not be permitted.
Adam Burke

Return to “League Memos”