NBC Snubs NHL ... Again

Moderator: SharksGM

Commish Bub(NYR)

NBC Snubs NHL ... Again

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,219149

Ice dancing on NBC, while the USA/Canada game on the 21st goes to MSNBC. As a non-cable-having sports fan, this really pisses me off, although I can completely see why they're doing it ($$$). The one good thing, for me at least, is no Mike Milbury that night.
Parker

Re: NBC Snubs NHL ... Again

Post by Parker »

Any night without Mike Milbury is a good night. I'd even take Pierre Maguire or Mike Toth over him.

As for your no-cable issues, maybe you could hunt down a web stream of the game?
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

I'm none too happy about it myself, though luckily I do have cable (still pisses me off to take a golden opportunity for the sport away). Like Parker said, you're best bet is to look for a live stream, though word is NBC is going to be cracking down hard on anything like that, to protect its investment I'm sure.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Make some friends, Pat. Go over there with a 12 of Labatt and plop yourself on their couch.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Make some friends, Pat. Go over there with a 12 of Labatt and plop yourself on their couch.
:lol: Yeah, no kidding. Sadly my sports-lovin' friends don't have cable, and my cable-havin' friends don't love sports. Clearly I'm doing something wrong with my life.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Make some friends, Pat. Go over there with a 12 of Labatt and plop yourself on their couch.
:lol: Yeah, no kidding. Sadly my sports-lovin' friends don't have cable, and my cable-havin' friends don't love sports. Clearly I'm doing something wrong with my life.
There's a reason that they built bars, Pat. I'm sure you could get someone to put it on for you.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Bub(NYR) wrote:
There's a reason that they built bars, Pat. I'm sure you could get someone to put it on for you.
Stop coming up with answers to my problems.
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

hahahaha
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Thank god I live in Canada.

I hate Mike Milbury.

Return to “The Sports Bar”