Phoenix resigns

Moderator: SharksGM

Parker

Phoenix resigns

Post by Parker »

I've been getting really busy with career stuff, and lately I've been finding my other hobbies to be a lot more rewarding, so I just don't have enough free time to devote to running my team the way I'd like. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time for me to step aside and let someone else take over. I thank you all for your contributions to making EHEC the best league I've ever been involved in, and I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

Glen Ramsden
aka Parker
Montreal Canadiens

Re: Phoenix resigns

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

This is untrue.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Please reconsider.

I'd take a 50% involved Parker than anybody else.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Bad news... :?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Hey, it's not April yet.

Besides, if you quit, who knows what kind of atrocities your replacement will commit on your roster.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

On behalf of everybody, and by everybody, I mean EHEC as well as the entire EHM community, I want to thank Parker for his contributions. Whether he chipped in for the hosting fees, was my confidant on a league issue, or simply helped me with a question that I had, he was always there to help out. I realize that priorities change and completely understand that we had fallen down on the list. What Parker gave to this league and gave to me is something I will forever be grateful for.

When Ryan and I started EHEC, I had never done this before. I had done some of the administrative things in my past league, but I never ran one and had never done things like make the draft class. I relied on Parker's EHM expertise and he never steered me wrong. For that, we all should be appreciative.

I hate to see Parker go, but I certainly wish him the best now and in the future. I understand that the current climate of the league has led to a lot of frustration and it hasn't lived up to the standards that we set way back at the beginning. Like Parker, my priorities have changed as well, and if that has rubbed off on the league and I have seen the effects. If my shortcomings had anything to do with your departure, Parker, I'm sorry that I failed you as a Commissioner.

The door is always open. I mean that as a friend and as a Commissioner. Thanks for all that you've done.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

I'm sorry to see you go, and best of luck going forward.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Another fine Gm finds a life outside of EHM......sad to see ya go.....good luck in your adventures....hope to see u back soon
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

Best of luck.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Adam, I think you are being a little hard on yourself. Personally, I'm enjoying EHEC just as much as when it first began. I don't think you need to apologize to Parker. If anything, we need to do a better job of letting you (and Tim, Bub, etc.) know how much we still appreciate the work you put into the league. Even with the loss of PHX, we still have a core group of GMs who have been around here for a long time. Furthermore, new GMs like VAN, DAL and STL seem to be committed for the long-term. I think a lot of veteran GMs have realized pumping a newbie GM might help their roster, but does a lot more damage to the league. Hopefully, this mentality will continue to be adopted and we will see more new GMs become core guys.

Best of luck to Parker. I find the timing and his choice of words a little weird. Leaving a team that is most likely not finnancially sustainable beyond next season and that doesn't have any 1st's for the next while is kinda poor fantasy etiquette. PHX is in 1st though, cant complain to much. With all that being said, Parker clearly was a valuable asset to EHEC and will not be able to be replaced. Hopefully we see him return shortly after realizing how amazing EHEC still is.
Last edited by Jets GM on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recent file here.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

You were always ready to help and always polite - noticed that even for that short time of being here.

If I asked 1000 of stupid questions, you always gave me 1000 of clever answers.

Good luck in your next life.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

Who's going to advise on the bad trade offers I am getting?

P.S. Can I have Richards back before you leave :)
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Let's all pretend you did not really write those lines, Justin.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Parker wtf man... Thought you were a BRO.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It wouldn't be right for me to stick around and do a half-assed job though; I have too much respect for the league and for the other GM's to do that.

I'll probably drop by the forums to see how things are going once in a while, but if any of you want to stay in touch and you don't already have my personal email (or you're not already Facebook friends with me) then PM me and I'll forward you my contact info.

Thanks again for a superlative fantasy hockey experience.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I'll smoke one in your honor this evening, Parker. Your a good man and I respect you immensely.

Guess I need to find a new Western Conference trading partner. :(

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”