December 18, 2013

Commish Bub(NYR)

December 18, 2013

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

OTT 4 - NJ 2
Shots: 29-28 OTT
PP: NJ - 1/8; OTT - 0/5

16:14 0-1 OTT Jason Spezza [14] (Nazem Kadri)
16:44 0-2 OTT Calle Jarnkrok [8] (Mika Zibanejad, Otso Rantakari)
------------------------------------------------------------
28:19 0-3 OTT Jason Spezza [15] (Justin Williams, Nazem Kadri)
31:58 1-3 NJ Jamie Benn [5] (Travis Zajac, David Fischer)
43:34 1-4 OTT Nazem Kadri [18] (Mika Zibanejad, Brian Elliott)SH
48:51 2-4 NJ Mattias Tedenby [12] (Steven Stamkos, Carl Sneep)PP

Three stars:
1st star: Jason Spezza
2nd star: Nazem Kadri
3rd star: Mika Zibanejad

Farm: Albany 2 - Binghamton 1

PIT 4 - NYR 3 (SO)
Shots: 31-20 NYR
PP: NYR - 1/4; PIT - 1/4

06:18 0-1 PIT Jarome Iginla [22] (Cody Hodgson, Anze Kopitar)PP
09:57 1-1 NYR Adam Gilmour [5] (Ryan Malone, Dan Girardi)PP
35:55 2-1 NYR Tom Kuehnhackl [13] (Chuck Kobasew, Jonas Brodin)
37:16 2-2 PIT James van Riemsdyk [14] (Nick Bjugstad, Anze Kopitar)
42:29 3-2 NYR Ryan Malone [8] (Tom Kuehnhackl, Vyacheslav Osnovin)
45:27 3-3 PIT Jarome Iginla [23] (Cody Hodgson)
Shootout
--------
Pittsburgh Penguins win 2-1
New York Rangers - Tom Kuehnhackl, miss; Corey Perry, miss; Ryan McDonagh, goal;
Pittsburgh Penguins - Jarome Iginla, goal; Cody Hodgson, miss; Alex Edler, goal;

Three stars:
1st star: Jarome Iginla
2nd star: Ryan Malone
3rd star: Anze Kopitar

Farm: WBS 5 - Hartford 4
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: December 18, 2013

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Just two games on the slate, but Pittsburgh's Nick Bjugstad is suspended for two games for injuring Pierre-Marc Bouchard. ONLY TWO GAMES FOR PUTTING PMB OUT FOR OVER A MONTH?!? SCREW YOU, NICKY!

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

http://www.ehechockey.com/calendar.html
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Jarome is on fireeeeee!
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Jarome is on fireeeeee!
Kiprusoff even more. Outshot badly by them Rangers, getting better every day, Bub!
Parker

Post by Parker »

It's weird having the league's best winning percentage depsite the second-fewest goals scored. I always wanted one of those 1980's Oilers-style offensive teams, but I guess it's defence and goaltending that wins games nowadays.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Parker wrote:It's weird having the league's best winning percentage depsite the second-fewest goals scored. I always wanted one of those 1980's Oilers-style offensive teams, but I guess it's defence and goaltending that wins games nowadays.
My team has a +31 goal differential in 34 games (probably actually +1 goals/game considering the number of ENG against I have) but is still 6 points back, so this high octane offense just gets me a bunch of 2-3 goal wins and 1-2 goal losses. :roll:

On the other hand, if I finish 4th in the division, get a ~20th OV pick and avoid the clusterfuck of the Pacific division playoff... that sounds like a sweet deal to me.
Parker

Post by Parker »

SharksGM wrote:On the other hand, if I finish 4th in the division, get a ~20th OV pick and avoid the clusterfuck of the Pacific division playoff... that sounds like a sweet deal to me.
I've been thinking the same thing, Dan... if I'm not winning the Cup (or at the very least, losing in a seven-game Finals) then what's the point of even making the playoffs? Slight gains in leadership are okay, but I'd trade those gains for a first-round pick that isn't 25th or later any day of the week.

Then again, I traded away my next two years' worth of 1st rounders to upgrade from Bryzgalol to Luongo, so I guess I should be going all-in at this point...
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Well, if you're going to be that upset about it, give me my 1st rounder back.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Parker wrote:
SharksGM wrote:On the other hand, if I finish 4th in the division, get a ~20th OV pick and avoid the clusterfuck of the Pacific division playoff... that sounds like a sweet deal to me.
I've been thinking the same thing, Dan... if I'm not winning the Cup (or at the very least, losing in a seven-game Finals) then what's the point of even making the playoffs? Slight gains in leadership are okay, but I'd trade those gains for a first-round pick that isn't 25th or later any day of the week.

Then again, I traded away my next two years' worth of 1st rounders to upgrade from Bryzgalol to Luongo, so I guess I should be going all-in at this point...
hence why i havent drafted in the 1st round since i believe our innaugural draft, lol.

Losing in seven-game finals - check

Return to “2013-2014 EHEC Regular Season”