Calgary GM Steps Down

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Calgary GM Steps Down

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Guys, our Calgary GM, Jeff Emack, has resigned. He just had a baby boy a couple weeks ago and, as anyone with kids knows, they're quite a handful and take up a ton of time. He's also co-commish in another league and he just can't handle more than one league along with the lovely duties of being a Daddy.

Sad to see another guy go, but again, I want to reiterate to the guys that are still here that we have an excellent base of GMs. All of the guys who have stepped away have had something come up that took up some time that they really had not planned for. Even Jeff said that his son came two weeks early, so he had some trouble getting things in order before the due date.

Again, 90% of the league checks in every day so I don't want you guys to think that we're experiencing difficulty. So far, all of the replacement GMs have filled in perfectly and been active.

We're on solid ground and I don't want the turnover to scare anybody.

Also, we replaced inactive Los Angeles with a buddy of our NSH GM Sebastien. Like his reference, I expect him to be fully active.

If anybody has some buddies that want in, have them apply for the vacant CGY and EDM jobs. For now, I will just continue forward with the lines that both GMs had in place previously.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CalgaryGM

Re: Calgary GM Steps Down

Post by CalgaryGM »

I just want to reiterate that it is only because of a time issue that I am stepping down. The league is set up great and will be no doubt run quite well with the commishes that run things. I just didn't want to be a lame-duck GM for the next couple of months while I adjust to a different schedule then I am used to.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”