5QF - 3/11/11

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

5QF - 3/11/11

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

1. Since I'll be busy drinking for March Madness and my annual hockey tournament the end of next week, what's your best remedy for a hangover?

2. What's the worst movie sequel ever made?

3. What's the craziest dream you ever remember having?

4. Top three favorite movie quotes?

5. What's one thing that you have always wanted to do but never have gotten the chance?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: 5QF - 3/11/11

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

1. Since I'll be busy drinking for March Madness and my annual hockey tournament the end of next week, what's your best remedy for a hangover? Image

2. What's the worst movie sequel ever made? Jaws III in 3-D

3. What's the craziest dream you ever remember having? Playing golf in the US Open but trying to tee off from something that looked like one of those starter's cabins on Olympic downhill skiing. Oh, and I can't find my clubs.

1. From Slap Shot -- Hanson: "Dave's a killer!" Johnny: "Dave's a mess."
2. From Say Anything -- Lloyd: "I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?" Joe: "By choice, man."
3. From Aliens -- Ripley: "They [the aliens] cut the power." Hudson: "What do you mean, 'They cut the power'? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals!"

5. What's one thing that you have always wanted to do but never have gotten the chance? There's so much...but for something that'll never ever happen, it would be to play a round at Augusta National. Maybe I'll sneak in a putter in next year. :)
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

1. Since I'll be busy drinking for March Madness and my annual hockey tournament the end of next week, what's your best remedy for a hangover?

Gatorade and Advil. Not great, but it seems to work.

Major League 3

No idea. I remember my dreams right after I wake up and then forget them.

I refuse to be embarrassed by a car that looks like a Trapper Keeper. - Clark Duke as Lance in Sex Drive.
Come on Dorn, get in front of the damn ball! Don't give me this "olé" bullshit! - James Gammon as Lou Brown in Major League
and of course...If you were in your office right now we'd be having this conversation face-to-face. - Matt Damon as Jason Bourne in The Bourne Ultimatum.

5. What's one thing that you have always wanted to do but never have gotten the chance?

Take Jennifer to Hawaii and take the Road to Hana. Took it back in '05 with my parents when we were out there for my sister's wedding. It's a mostly one-lane winding road on the sides of cliffs. Intense and beautiful.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. Control yourself the night before! :lol:
2. Crank II
3. I've had countless Stanley Cup dreams, but the best ones are still the ones where you're falling.
4. Movie quotes:
i. "I can tell you the license numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you the waitress is left-handed. I can tell you the guy sitting at the bar weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself, I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and I know that at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half a mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?" Jason Bourne, The Bourne Identity
ii. "You still fight like shit." Brian O'Conner, 2 Fast 2 Furious
iii. "Good work, captain Duck." Gunnar Stahl, D2
5. I've still never been golfing. I've been at the driving range, and mini golfed, but never golfed.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I don't drink.

Sigh......Star Wars

I get a lot of deja vu

Not enough space for Monty Python. :lol:

There's probably a solid list of about hundred female celebrites......
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Hmm...I don't really get hungover at all, but McDonalds is always the best the day after some drinking.

Titanic 2, or Open Water 2.

The last dream I even remotely remember was I was going up an escalator (this was in Vegas), it was a huge one, and when we were almost at the top I fell, and then I woke up. There was also one the other night where I was apart of a group of people running from Zombies and killing them as they chased us. I think this happened when I went to bed after playing Zombies in COD.

I like a lot of those one's from any of the Jason Bourne movies, but Kiefer Sutherland delivers some of my all-time favourites.

Jack Bauer: "The only reason that you're conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you."
Jack Bauer: "The only way you're going to die is if I kill you."
Jack Bauer: "If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt."

Hmm....easy thing would be going on a Canucks road trip through California.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Hmm....easy thing would be going on a Canucks road trip through California.
Word, I plan on going to some Cali games next year fo sho.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

1. Since I'll be busy drinking for March Madness and my annual hockey tournament the end of next week, what's your best remedy for a hangover? Slow sips of water and oj. Crackers and bread.

2. What's the worst movie sequel ever made? Dumb and dumberer.

3. What's the craziest dream you ever remember having? About a year after watching "being John malkovich" I feel like I had a dream inside someone elses head. It was a girl I know dreaming about being interviewed on TV about her little brother, who was playing in the NHL. I felt like I had no control over what was happening or the outcome of the dream (which I usually feel like I do) and I was just watching from 3rd person view. Very trippy.

4. Top three favorite movie quotes? Way to many to make a top 3.

5. What's one thing that you have always wanted to do but never have gotten the chance? Play in a ring game against Doyle Brunson, Tom dwan, Phil Ivey and patrol Antonius.
Most recent file here.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

AvsGM wrote:4. Movie quotes:
i. "I can tell you the license numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you the waitress is left-handed. I can tell you the guy sitting at the bar weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself, I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and I know that at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half a mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?" Jason Bourne, The Bourne Identity
ii. "You still fight like shit." Brian O'Conner, 2 Fast 2 Furious
iii. "Good work, captain Duck." Gunnar Stahl, D2
iv. "Almost had me? You never had me. You never had your car." Dominic Toretto, The Fast and the Furious

Return to “The Sports Bar”