Hart Memorial Trophy

Moderator: SharksGM

Penguin

Hart Memorial Trophy

Post by Penguin »

The Hart Memorial Trophy was presented to the National Hockey League in 1923 by Dr. David Hart. Dr. Hart was the father of Cecil Hart, the former coach and manager of the Montreal Canadiens. Cecil Hart coached the Canadiens between 1926-27 and 1938-39, winning back-to-back Stanley Cup championships in 1930 and 1931.

The trophy is presented to the most valuable player in the National Hockey League during the regular season. Voting is conducted by the members of the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association. The initial winner was Frank Nighbor of the Ottawa Senators, awarded the Hart at the conclusion of the 1923-24 season. Wayne Gretzky has collected the most Harts-nine in total, with eight from his days as an Edmonton Oiler and one as a King in Los Angeles.
2009-2010 Winner: Rick Nash (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2010-2011 Winner: Shane Doan (Phoenix Coyotes)
2011-2012 Winner: Eric Staal (Carolina Hurricanes)
2012-2013 Winner:
2013-2014 Winner:
Penguin

Re: Hart Memorial Trophy

Post by Penguin »

With a total of 14 votes, Rick Nash is the 2009-2010 Hart Memorial Trophy winner. The big canadian boy had a total of 94 points, a +/- ratio of 19, a takeover rate of +128 and he delivered a total of 228 hits.

Finalists:
-Joe Thornton (SJ) - 3 votes
-Jarome Iginla (CGY) - 1 vote
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Atta boy Ricky. Glad to see the voters got it right.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Post by Parker »

Only one lousy vote for Iginla? I guess I'm the only one who took quality of linemates into consideration. :P
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Only one lousy vote for Iginla? I guess I'm the only one who took quality of linemates into consideration. :P
Valid point. Nash and Gaborik on the same PP.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Atta boy Ricky. Glad to see the voters got it right.
Bah, Jumbo Joe was trying to drag the rotting carcasses of the Sharks to the playoffs down the stretch while Nash was nursing his sore groin or whatever. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

With a total of 10 votes, Shane Doan is the 2010-2011 Hart Memorial Trophy winner. The equally big Canadian boy pulled 46 goals out of his ass along with 84 points, a +17, 209 hits and a Stanley Cup which shouldn't have affected the voting. He also helped dozens of old ladies cross the street and never cut in line even when he was in a rush.

Finalists:
-Jarome Iginla (PIT) - 2 votes
-Thomas Vanek (BUF) - 1 vote
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

With a total of 8 first-place votes and 31 points, Eric Staal is the 2011-2012 Hart Memorial Trophy winner. The even bigger big Canadian boy scored 37 goals and 82 points, a +31, just 15 PIM, 177 hits, a whopping 76 T-G rating and an insane 70.6% on faceoffs.

Finalists:
-Milan Lucic (BOS) - 5 first-place votes, 25 points
-Rick Nash (CBJ) - 3 first-place votes, 18 points

Return to “EHEC Awards”